It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-31-2008   #1 (permalink)
reita

Default bumps on AC/DC

Ok, AC has had this problem for a long time: she has small bumps all over her body but mostly concentrated on her neck and just above the tail. She chews on herself and leaves sore spots, sometimes there is a discharge that is murky colored, obviously some blood but not a lot. I've taken her to the vet and he gave me some shampoo that slows the condition down but doesn't cure it totally. The vet mentioned mites as opposed to fleas. Like I said, I can bathe her to control the situation but if I bathe her often enough to control it, her fur becomes dull and brittle. Sometimes she is touchy about where I touch her and will growl and even nip or claw (she's very gentle, never draws blood, but still.....) I'm wondering if a better diet would help along with the bathing?? I need to get her fixed but don't want to do that until I have the skin condition under control! TIA.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-31-2008   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

That was the first thing that came to my mind. . .a food allergy. Talk to your Vet about some good diet alternatives. You may have to go the prescription diet route, but it would be worth it in the long run.

Good luck! Please let us know how you make out.

Max
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
allergy , diet , fixed , fleas , food , fur , growl , mites , problem , small , vet

Sponsored Cat Links