It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-06-2009   #1 (permalink)
katdad709

Default Sick cat, now recovered!

My big orange tabby was recently very ill. I was in the hospital myself, then rehab, recovering from knee replacement surgery.

My cat had to be put into a very nice kennel, because hurricane Ike was bearing down and my apt. was potentially prone to flooding. So "RJ" went to the boarders, and stayed there a couple months till I got home.

I think the problem was stress related. He stopped eating, and got rapidly ill. I took him to the cat vet and then to a big cat hospital. RJ quickly got very sick, requiring that he be fed from a throat tube.

After he received plenty of excellent vet care (at considerable expense, sigh), he began to perk up and eat again. Soon his blood chemistry became improved and now he's back home.

RJ is fully recovered except for the bare patches that make him look goofy, shaved "wrists" where the IV was, shaved throat for the feeding tube, and shaved tummy for the ultrasound.

I was fortunate to have the services of some great vets, also fortunate that I had the several thousand bucks in the bank for his care, and very very fortunate that RJ is now very healthy and happy.

Whom else has had their cats have this eating disorder, where the cat simply starts eating and gets quickly ill?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-06-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Welcome, though I'm new myself. You and your boy sure have been through a lot. I have not experienced exactly what you have, but have been through catastrophic illnesses with various cats over the years.

he fears, the agony of not knowing what's wrong,the devastation of being separated from your beloved companion and worrying he'll think he's been abandonded by you, emptying your bank acount (and/or going into debt) it all takes it's toll.

And in the end when you have him home safe, the two of you together forever, again, it's all worth it.

I look forward to eharing more aobut your beleoved RJ.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-07-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome!

I'm Glad your kit feel better! Hope to see pics soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
boy , care , cat , cats , eating , great , happy , healthy , home , kennel , nice , problem , sick , stress , surgery , tabby , vet

Sponsored Cat Links