It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-08-2009   #1 (permalink)
simmer

Unhappy New Kitten- pics added

Hi! I am new here. I just adopted a new kitten from a rescue at a vet clinic. She got her spay on Wed. Which is the same day we took her home. Since she has been home, she has not eaten and is very lethargic. She is drinking and using the litterbox, however. She is 3 months old. I have made an appt with the vet this afternoon, but until then does anyone have any ideas about what may be the problem? She has had her shots and medical care etc... I am worried about her.

Last edited by simmer; 01-08-2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: add pics

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-08-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome!

Don't be worried. It happened to many of my kits after surgery.
I remember the vet give them a special Hill's wet food & instantly began to eat.

Good luck & pls make us posted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Last edited by krzekmaya; 01-08-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-08-2009   #3 (permalink)
simmer

Thanks, I hope so. I made a mistake in my post. We got her on Tues, not Wed. so it has been 2 days with no eating. I will post again tonight with an update.

Unread 01-08-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Welcome, and thank you for giving another unwanted kitten a forever home. I think you are wise to bring her to the vet today and will watch for an update. Hope everything is okay.

What's your new furbaby's name?
Unread 01-08-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer View Post
Thanks, I hope so. I made a mistake in my post. We got her on Tues, not Wed. so it has been 2 days with no eating. I will post again tonight with an update.
Okay, thank you. I hope all will be Okay.

Unread 01-08-2009   #6 (permalink)
simmer

We named her "simmer" like "simmer down" because she has been so calm and quiet. We have a dog and a 3 yr old and she has been amazing with them both.

Unread 01-08-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Cute kitten. Hope to see pics soon!

Unread 01-08-2009   #8 (permalink)
simmer

Took her to the vet. He will be keeping her overnight to force feed her, check her for parasites, and upper respiratory illness and get her back on her feet. I'll post again when I hear anything else.

Unread 01-08-2009   #9 (permalink)
simmer

Vet called, no parasites. He thinks she may be getting a respiratory infection. He gave her an anti-inflammatory and fluids and got her to eat a little food and I will check on her again tomorrow to she if she perks up.

Unread 01-08-2009   #10 (permalink)
KittyCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer View Post
Vet called, no parasites. He thinks she may be getting a respiratory infection. He gave her an anti-inflammatory and fluids and got her to eat a little food and I will check on her again tomorrow to she if she perks up.
You should feel much better that she is in the care of the vets! they will take good care of her!

Tags
adopted , amazing , antibiotic , calm , canned food , care , cats , cute , diarrhea , dog , eating , family , food , happy , heat , hey , home , house , infection , kitten , litterbox , medical , mistake , new kitten , nice , problem , rescue , small , smell , spay , surgery , upper respiratory , upset , vet , water , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links