It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-12-2009   #1 (permalink)
Iheartmykitties

Unhappy Round worm?

Hi, I am new here...both to the forum and as a cat owner. I was a dog girl until I got my first cat who is about 1 and a half. After getting him I became a cat girl! Thus I adopted my kitten, he is about 3 months now. The night I got him home I discovered he had round worm and had him treated at the spca where I got him from. They also gave me meds for my other cat as well as a follow up dose for each 10 days later. Well, a month later the kitten still has worms. I went back and got more meds for the kitten today. What am I doing wrong for them to have come back? Is my older cat going to get them? I read this is contagious to humans, is my 4 year old going to get them? I did my research on google but I'd like some thoughts from other cat owners. Like I said these are my first cats so I don't know a whole lot here. Thanks!
Ashley

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-12-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hello and welcome! both to the board, and to sharing a life with cats! I see you are finding out that old saying (by Ernest Hemingway) is true: "one cat just leads to another"

Do your cats go outside? Do they have fleas? Are they on any flea treatment?

I recommend a trip to the vet for the little guy.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-12-2009   #3 (permalink)
Iheartmykitties

No nether one goes outside, they are both strictly indoor cats. I took him back to the Spca and they gave me more de-wormer. Do you think I would be better off taking him to my vet instead of the Spca vet?

Unread 01-12-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartmykitties View Post
No nether one goes outside, they are both strictly indoor cats. I took him back to the Spca and they gave me more de-wormer. Do you think I would be better off taking him to my vet instead of the Spca vet?
Yes. Has the SPCA vet said why the dewormer has not helped? Your own vet needs to meet the new furbaby anyway, and a second opinion when there's no improvement is always a good idea.

please do come back and let us know how it turns out.

(ps I meant to add earlier, thank you so much for giving another shelter kitty a forever home!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 01-13-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road

Hi Ashley, welcome!

The best is to forget the Spca vet & to go to yours ASAP.
Pls keep us posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
adopted , cat , cats , dog , fleas , girl , hey , home , indoor , kitten , kitty , night , opinion , shelter , thoughts , vet

Sponsored Cat Links