It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-15-2009   #1 (permalink)
efunkmusic

Unhappy deadly cat farts

My Maine Coon mix, Nika, seems to still have some digestion problems, despite having tried three kinds of dry food now. When I first adopted her in September, she was eating Purina Cat Chow Indoor Formula. Then when I noticed how smelly her cat farts were, I switched to Hill's Science Diet. She wasn't responding to that very well, perhaps due to the corn meal in it, so now I'm giving her Blue Buffalo Indoor Cat food. Her farts don't come around as often now, but when they do it really, really smells. I'm looking for other possible causes or foods I could try. She exhibits no other troublesome symptoms, like vomiting or difficulty excreting. What's going on?

Elena

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-16-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Have you discussed this with Nika's vet?

Changing foods too often can actually cause a worse food sensitivity, though I understand why you are doing it.

Take a look at the foods you've tried so far and try to isolate common ingredients. Are they all made with chicken for example.

If all are chicken, perhaps try a food with a differnt protien source. Duck, for instance, or rabbit.

However I recommend taking Nika to the vet first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-16-2009   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

agree with acerlt....
maybe you can asked the vet for better food suggestion...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Unread 01-18-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

Sorry guys but I would suggest a consult with someone at a reputable pet food store that either someone you know suggests or that your familiar with. The only reason I am saying this is that my daughter had a purebreed white lab who from puppyhood had bad diaherra and flatulence. We took him to the vets of course considering the loose stools and the vet told us the only solution was to feed Taylor the canned food you could only buy from the vets. The recommended food was high in fiber and although we thought this strange well who were we to question a vets directive. Long story short the runny bowels continued and we decided to check with a qualified person at the local Petsmart. She spent a long time with us and suggested a particular food they sold there that didn't cost an arm and leg. Taylors stools become formed again and the flatulence went away and he flourished.
I agree you mustn't mess around with different foods but to slowly introduce a new food slowly but you must also talk to the people at the petstores who must take schooling to qualify to offer any advise. My Zipper is now on a food which is organic with no preservatives, no corn wheat or fillers. She hasn`t tossed her cookies since I changed her over and is still her playfull silly old stuff.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Unread 01-21-2009   #5 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

Take your baby to the vet for proper diagnosis. I think your cat needs a new kind of diet. You can also try feeding her using an elevated feeding bowl to minimize her bloating problems.

Unread 01-22-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Try Royal Canin, is the best. There is a special one for this kind of problems; I saw it in the pet store.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 01-22-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Yes Maya Royal Canin is now here in Canada and they have a lot of choice for a lot of situations. Very impressed with their line.

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

Unread 01-22-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

RC is a very serious Co. you can trust & my kits love their products!

Unread 01-22-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

actually my daughters boxer is on Royal Canin specific for boxers. She's only 7 months old but she's growing like a weed.

Unread 01-22-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Do you have any pic of the doggie?

Tags
adopted , baby , canned food , cat , cat food , cat needs , changed , diet , dry , dry food , eating , fiber , food , hey , indoor , love , maine coon , mess , person , pet , pet food , petsmart , problems , question , royal , silly , smart , story , vet , vomiting

Sponsored Cat Links