It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-24-2009   #21 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road
Default Hi Dawn

I've been reading through your posts, and believe me I know exactly how you are feeling. Feeding time comes around and you are just praying that Charlie will eat. . . something, anything. (he is absolutely gorgeous btw, and has already stolen my heart as well).

The advice you have been given in previous posts is all wonderful, and I really can't think of anything further to add other than you have one more cheerleader on your team. I just went through all this in November/December. I understand your anxiety and anticipation. Everyone here was cheering me on and holding my hand, and we will do the same for you.

Please post often and let us all know how Charlie is doing.

Take care,
Max
(&DynahKathryn, Baybee, Puppy, Maddie and Clippy)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-24-2009   #22 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Well, it's a relief you know Charlie is Okay.
Pls keep us posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-24-2009   #23 (permalink)
Cool Cat

WeLuvCats is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to WeLuvCats Send a message via Yahoo to WeLuvCats
Default Charlie

Awww, thank you...He's stole my heart too...I would do anything to keep him here with me as long as possible... Just to let ya'll know, as soon as my feet hit the floor this morning, so did Charlies...and he walked to my side of the bed as to say.." Im hungry, feed me" so I did....and he ate !! Yee Haw !!! Im headed to pharmancy to get his valium script to keep his appitite up...and I called doc this morning to let him know that he ate, and they are having a consult with me on Monday to discuss the procedure and their costs...they told me they'd like to do a case study on him, as he has their whole office stummped...so hopefully I'll be given a reduced fee, or, possibly free, if he's a case study....keep ya'lls fingers crossed,and us in your prayers till we have an answer....update on Monday....have a great weekend !!

Hugs,
Dawn and Charlie
Unread 01-24-2009   #24 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up

Fingers crossed!!

Unread 01-27-2009   #25 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Unhappy Charlie

Well ya'll...... heard from my vet yesterday, and they dont have tubes small enough to scope up Charlies nose, so we would have to go to Jax Fla to have it done, and at this time, we cant afford it, as its over 1000.00. I was able to pay for all Charlies vet bills with my income, but after 15 years of work, my place of employment was sold....yes, they will rehire me, but not till March, and at a lower income....but with this economy, I'll take it, so at this point, I cant do the procedure, so it's now back to square one. And Charlie had a really bad night last night, I thought I was going to have to take him to the emergency clinic, but I set up his vaporizer, and he slept breathing in the steam all night. I do have a call into my bro-in-laws dad, a BIG vet in Texas, Im hoping he and my vet can have a consult, and give Charlie some kind of relief. It pains me to say that I think Charlie is getting tired, and looks like he might be trying to give up his will to live, and we know when that happens, they will let go.. Im tired ya'll....all it seems I do is provide round the clock care for my boy, but its getting to me, im sad all the time, and eveytime he has a bad day or night, my nerves all getting to me, and my heart falls to the floor. I am by no means complaining, my head is just tired from all the worry...thanks for letting me vent, and please keep us in your prayers, that the Tex doc might have some suggestions...Thanks again
Dawn and "Charlie"
Unread 01-27-2009   #26 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Oh dear, I'm so sorry. Just one idea...can't they just order in the right sized tubes?

Yes, the roller coaster of caring for a sick pet is a rough one.

Sometimes everything in our power just isn't enough. I'll keep Charlie in my prayers and I know you'll do the right thing for him and you.

Hugs from me and head bump kisses from my gang.
Unread 01-27-2009   #27 (permalink)
Cool Cat

No, seems they dont have the equipment there to do cats, so Jax is my only option, and like I said, we cant afford it at this time...Thanks acerlt, you have been a great comfort to us.
Unread 01-27-2009   #28 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Dawn, I'm so sorry to hear these bad news, hope all will be solved &
the situation will be back to normal. Our prayers for you two!

Unread 01-27-2009   #29 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Question Charlie

Hi all....we have yet another appointment with the vet @ 2:30 today, to have some labs done on Charlie....just to see if his body and organs are still functioning. If the "decision" has to be made today,I wont post for a few days,as I will be a basket case...but if the news isnt too bad, I will post when we get back....extra prayers,please
Thanks all,
Dawn and Charlie
Unread 01-27-2009   #30 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Exclamation

The extra prayers are on the way to you!!!

Tags
adorable , animal , antibiotic , antibiotics , anxiety , apartment , baby , beautiful , belly , bills , bite , bowel , boy , breeding , business , car , care , cat , cat pictures , cats , changed , computer , convenia , crazy , cute , diet , eating , elderly , eye , eyes , family , food , friends , fur , game , girl , great , happy , heart murmur , heat , hey , home , hurt , joy , kitties , lost , love , mat , morning , moving , nice , night , not eating , photos , picture , pictures , pill , pills , play , playing , prayers , pregnant , problems , profile , puppy , savannah , scared , search , senior , sick , sleeping , small , smart , steroids , thoughts , turkey , type , upload , vacation , vet , vet bills , wet food , won't eat , worry

Sponsored Cat Links