It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-25-2009   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

pink29 is on a distinguished road
Default trixie AGAIN

guess what now the kitten has a swollen right paw and shes limping going to vet again on monday!! is it something with black cats??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-25-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Does Trixie go outside?

Could she be getting into somehting inside or outside that is not a good place for her to be?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-25-2009   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

no she stays inside shes only 5 months old i dont know what she could have done theirs nothing for her to hurt herslef on only toys in the kids rooms my house is clean and tidy and i leave nothing liein around??
Unread 01-25-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

more ideas:

mouse traps?

child teasing her, who may not know better or understand that a kitten is not like a toy, that a kitten can be hurt if played with wrong? (this is not to cast aspersions on your parenting skills, I'm just trying to throw ideas out there for you, a child could conceivably play too rough with a kitten without realizing it)

Oh, I just had another thought. Check very carefully on the leg with the swollen foot for something that may be tight around her leg cutting off circulation.

Rubber band, thread, bit of string, could get wrapped around the leg and not be seen under the fur, but could cause serious injury, amputation, or death if not caught and removed in time.

Something like that could get deeply embedded in the skin, so look and feel very closely, and even if you don't see anything, ask your vet to check, too.

Please keep us updated. By the way, was the other problem flea allergy? And now that she's on the frontline, that issue is taken care of?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 01-25-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Question

Maybe his hand get stuck in something, that's another possibility...

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 01-25-2009   #6 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
more ideas:

mouse traps?

child teasing her, who may not know better or understand that a kitten is not like a toy, that a kitten can be hurt if played with wrong? (this is not to cast aspersions on your parenting skills, I'm just trying to throw ideas out there for you, a child could conceivably play too rough with a kitten without realizing it)

Oh, I just had another thought. Check very carefully on the leg with the swollen foot for something that may be tight around her leg cutting off circulation.

Rubber band, thread, bit of string, could get wrapped around the leg and not be seen under the fur, but could cause serious injury, amputation, or death if not caught and removed in time.

Something like that could get deeply embedded in the skin, so look and feel very closely, and even if you don't see anything, ask your vet to check, too.

Please keep us updated. By the way, was the other problem flea allergy? And now that she's on the frontline, that issue is taken care of?
my children know how to treat animals and i have brought them up not to mistreat animals they care for them and love them and i would like to make clear that my children would not harm our pets or anyone elses. my kitten is also not flea infested it was a allergy frm cat food. i have also bathed my kittens foot and seen a cut and i have checked everthing else. just to make clear i did not put my kitten in the bath and put her face under it was just her FOOT.
Unread 01-25-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink29 View Post
my children know how to treat animals and i have brought them up not to mistreat animals they care for them and love them and i would like to make clear that my children would not harm our pets or anyone elses. my kitten is also not flea infested it was a allergy frm cat food. i have also bathed my kittens foot and seen a cut and i have checked everthing else. just to make clear i did not put my kitten in the bath and put her face under it was just her FOOT.
oh, you found a cut. Well that is something the vet can work with. If it's swollen, that means it is infected and will need treatment from the vet. The leg sores were from a food allergy? I missed that somehow. so what are you feeding her now?

May I ask you to please try not to be so sensitive to my comments. I am only trying to help and anything I say is not meant to be taken as personal criticism, I am simply trying to offer general ideas, cover all the bases, brain storming with you.

please read this first
Unread 01-25-2009   #8 (permalink)
vjcantos1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink29 View Post
guess what now the kitten has a swollen right paw and shes limping going to vet again on monday!! is it something with black cats??
I'm not sure about that..
But I have two black kittens whose health are rapidly deteriorating and I don't know why..
let us know what the vet says re your little baby..*sigh*

Unread 01-26-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Question

Kittens?? What's the matter!?

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 01-28-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

pink29: any update on your Trixie and her swollen foot?

please read this first

Tags
advice , allergy , baby , black , care , cat , cat food , cats , children , clean , cut , eating , fixed , food , found , frontline , fur , great , health , hey , home , house , hurt , inside or outside , kitten , kittens , lost , love , mat , mouse , paw , playing , problem , problems , rescue , scary , silly , toys , vet

Sponsored Cat Links