It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-28-2009   #11 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
thank you for sharing Sooty's story. Your quick action in getting him vet care was excellent. He's a gorgeous little boy and lucky to have such a caring hoomin.

What is PDSA? How wonderful that people in your country can get help with vet care, even if you can't afford it.

It's not like that here. Most ER vets want cash UP FRONT, and usually outrageous amounts of cash. If you don't have the money, your pet doens't get treated. It's disgusting.

Back to Sooty...what are the medications he is taking, I'm interested?
Hi dear,PDSA means,People's Dispensary for Sick Animals,they are wonderful organisation in the UK,similar to the RSPCA.xxxxx

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-28-2009   #12 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsmanlover View Post
Oh and on dim view now read what this coward said who made this sick spiteful remake early UK time and most likely he lives in the USA somewhere???
Black Cat Sooty and Beyond! - Page 3 - AVS Forum

Yes I’d like to place a bounty on his head any information to where he lives because I’d gladly beat the living daylights out him and drop him on his head a few more times.

Also he’s quote because chances are he’ll be BANNED within the next 24 hours from the site.

Originally Posted by sivadselim
Don't kick your cat anymore, JBLsound4645
Hi dear,unfortunately we have to put up with idiots like this,it's hard,but you have to ignore it.I saw pics of Sooty on the website,he is so adorable.I can't get over how much he remind me of Bolan when he was tiny.He's massive now.How is Sooty doing today?xxxxx
Unread 01-28-2009   #13 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsmanlover View Post
My hat is off to PDSA the vets and night staff that watch over the pets.
Mine too dear.They are wonderful.xxxxx
Unread 01-28-2009   #14 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

They are great & dedicated people!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-28-2009   #15 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by che View Post
Hi dear,PDSA means,People's Dispensary for Sick Animals,they are wonderful organisation in the UK,similar to the RSPCA.xxxxx
thanks che. how wonderful. Too bad we don't have things like that here. There ARE compassionate vets, but they have to make a living, too.

I know a vet who won't turn anyone away and I have no idea how she keeps her practice going. I'm sure she must lose clients as her office is very out of date, she doesn't even have a working animal scale. I left her for the sake of my cats' health, a few years ago.

To OP: How is Sooty today????
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-29-2009   #16 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Question

yes, how's Sooty doing today??

Unread 01-29-2009   #17 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Stressed
Catsmanlover is on a distinguished road

To all of the above thank you so kindly, and also those that may have sick cat at present. get well soon.

It the vet for Sooty at 3:30pm today my dad will be picking me up sometime around 3pm I guess?

I’ll listen to what the vet has to say then quiz him on a few other points to get the full story. I need to know if this is going to get better and then possible physiotherapy because Sooty is still holding it up while strolling just a few meters back and forth and back into the cage.

He’ll sit down and look up at me with his right leg tucked underneath.

I laid him on my lap while sat on the floor earlier for some quality cat stocking while rubbing my head against his and he likes it a lot.

No fleas they have all been washed away after months and months of washing and treatment. I haven’t seen (one) since November late October?

Dad just called to let me know he’ll be over in jiffy.

Sooty had a slight nibble on whiskers earlier just a nibble of kitten food, then a few laps of water.

Thanks all.
Unread 01-29-2009   #18 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up

You welcome dear. Prayers for a quick recovery!

Unread 01-29-2009   #19 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Stressed
Catsmanlover is on a distinguished road

Just got back from Pet Hospital the vet says Sooty was fine before the dog encounter and that the leg was damaged somewhat more. Nooooooo!

His temperature today is 38.4 I think.

Sooty will be going back down for another check-up on 5th February 2009 at 11:30am.

At present he tucked into some whiskers a bit more than earlier and that’s another good sign.

I asked how long till his fur grows back and the vet said don’t worry about the fur 4 weeks don’t worry.

So I won’t worry. It looks kinder of punk LOL.

Also meet another lady who I was sat next to and she had black cat that was also called Sooty? Now that is spooky. I wonder how many black cats are called Sooty or (blackie) not quite sure how, you spell it?

Here’s a picture of her cat its got long black fur around the face and body.

Or is mine going to grow like that? Not sure what bread of cat I’m sure mine is British Bombay.

Her cat was blind in one eye and I think it shows on the picture here I think she said left eye? He husband calls it the monster and she calls her husband the same thing because he’s also blind in one eye, weird?

Also no issue with close encounters of dog kind as I had blanket over Sooty’s cat box but did I panic each time a large dog came in all different types and a few cats as well.

Saw this lady who recognized me from last time. She has beautiful wolf you know Dances with Wolves lovely coat and he’s had operation on his back poor creature.

She asked if my cat was okay.

Also saw another girl who I spoke to last time and she had sick cat, and was in with another cat today. She has thee cats, guess she’s got a thing for cats?

One is enough for me.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDSA Pet Hospital1.JPG (73.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg The other Sooty1.JPG (78.8 KB, 10 views)
Unread 01-29-2009   #20 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

Hi,glad Sooty seems to be doing fine love,and he's eaten a bit for you.Now that other lady's cat def looks like my Bolan.See below.I thought his eye had something wrong,poor thing.xxxxx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bolan 1st may.JPG (32.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 24-08-07_1733. jpg.jpg (94.1 KB, 2 views)

Tags
adorable , animal , another cat , antibiotic , beautiful , behaviour , black , black cat , bombay , box , boy , british , care , cat , cats , changed , dog , dogs , eating , eye , fast , fur , girl , great , growling , hey , hissing , home , indoor , kitten , kitten food , kitties , kitty , love , loving , lucky , meowing , money , night , not eating , person , pet , picture , pictures , play , playing , prayers , present , sick , small , story , vet , weird , worry

Sponsored Cat Links