It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Stressed
Catsmanlover is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Sooty has taken a clumsy leap of the TV broken his back leg!

Date Sunday January 18th 2009-01-26

I can’t believe it Sooty has taken a clumsy leap of the TV broken his back leg and fractured his pelvis in the fall and yet It’s only small jump off the TV. Just bad luck that’s all.

Sooty was taken to the PDSA pet hospital at around 9 30pm on Sunday evening where he was x-rayed and operated on to place a pin his back right leg as it was hanging slightly.

He’s pelvis will heal hopeful due to rest of many cat naps.

Sooty spent the best part of 3 days in pet hospital to recover from his fall while the kind hearted staff monitored Sooty’s behaviour.

He had temperature of 39.5 after the operation that soon calmed down.

His eating habits was poorly as he wasn’t caring to eat or drink and it took several days until he started eating and drinking again. Water only no cat milk.

Date Wednesday 21st January 2009-01-26

I was able to collect Sooty as I was told he could come home and after the vet went though what types of meditation treatment I have to give Sooty and then leaving the treatment room to pick-up a cage outside in the waiting area.

An approaching dog sniffed Sooty’s cat box and my cat freaked out! It was jumping around inside the cat box and with no where to run too, I had to ask the vet to take Sooty back into the treatment room as I was worried that he might have pulled the pin out or other??

Sooty had to remain in pet hospital care for another possible night as they needed to x-ray him which meant he had to be sedated.

Yes the pin had moved and Sooty was prepared for another operation as if my cat had worries of pain and discomfort, it was also showing on me. I was worried out of my mind after that dog sniffed Sooty as it was his fist encounter with another animal since leaving his brothers and sister kittens last September 2008.

He came from a home that also had two small dogs and yet I can’t understand why he freaked out in the waiting room. Could be he wanted to be along and dint fancy being bothered or he just didn’t like the dogs face sniffing at him for 2 seconds, while I was holding the cat box 15” off from the floor.

Sooty was constantly monitored by girl at pet hospital during the night shift as this is 24 hours emergency pet hospital ran by the PDSA which doesn’t get any government funds.

Since I’m on benefit I didn’t have to pay for the operation yet I made a small contribution to the (PDSA) along with thank you card.

I picked Sooty up from pet hospital slightly before 1pm on Monday January 26th 2009 and placed blanket over his cat box so he want see anymore dogs to wind him up into Hissing Growling Meowing Frenzy.

He’s now placed in cage where he’ll remain for the next 5 weeks or so until he is fully recovered.

Sooty will have to go to the pet hospital for regular routine check-ups to see how he’s responding to his medication as well as x-ray and possibly an overnight say-in to be monitored by the wonderful staff.

Its going to be long few months now until Sooty is back to running around and I’ll be monitoring that with his favourite toy the BUG that he likes chasing. Brought two BUGS one is back-up and new mouse and I’ll also get other new toys for him to play with.

Sooty is an indoors cat and I partly blame myself for his injury. Its true most accidents happen at home on several occasions. It might have been fatal if he was an outdoors cat as the neighbourhood is placed right besides a dangerous road with Muppets that speed down the road.

Sooty’s medication times are
10am each day with Liquid Medicine
10am and 10pm each day with Tablets

Pictures of Sooty in cage inside the kitchen now placed outside my home cinema room where I can keep an eye on Sooty.

Many thanks to the (PDSA) pet hospital for helping Sooty back to recovery.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sooty home and well and caged 1.JPG (93.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Sooty home and well and caged 2.jpg (92.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Sooty home and well and caged 3.jpg (92.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Sooty home and well and caged 4.JPG (97.0 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Catsmanlover; 01-26-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-26-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Arrow

OMG, poor sweetheart! But please don't blame yourself for what happened, accidents simply...happen!
Our prayers for handsome Sooty's quick recovery!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-27-2009   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

I hope and pray that Sooty will make a full recovery,he is a stunning boy,and he's been through so much,love him.He reminds me of my boy Bolan.As Maya said,don't blame yourself dear,you could make yourself ill if you do that.Accidents happen.The PDSA are wonderful,I'm Cheryl by the way,I live in South Wales.You take care of yourself and the little fella.Bye,Che.xxxxx
Unread 01-27-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

thank you for sharing Sooty's story. Your quick action in getting him vet care was excellent. He's a gorgeous little boy and lucky to have such a caring hoomin.

What is PDSA? How wonderful that people in your country can get help with vet care, even if you can't afford it.

It's not like that here. Most ER vets want cash UP FRONT, and usually outrageous amounts of cash. If you don't have the money, your pet doens't get treated. It's disgusting.

Back to Sooty...what are the medications he is taking, I'm interested?

Last edited by acerlt; 01-27-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Unread 01-27-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Wanted to comment on the dog freaking him out. I woiuld think any cat in such a stressful situation would be freaked by a dog's face suddenly looming at him.

I sit as far away from dogs as I can, and if people allow their dogs to approach me I ask them politley not to, for the sake of my cat.

please read this first
Unread 01-27-2009   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

Thank you all, it means a lot as this could have been avoided but cats are cats and will shoot up tree without hesitating or run and hide like mine does as its playing hide and seek and I always find Sooty.
Unread 01-27-2009   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

Oh and on dim view now read what this coward said who made this sick spiteful remake early UK time and most likely he lives in the USA somewhere???
Black Cat Sooty and Beyond! - Page 3 - AVS Forum

Yes I’d like to place a bounty on his head any information to where he lives because I’d gladly beat the living daylights out him and drop him on his head a few more times.

Also he’s quote because chances are he’ll be BANNED within the next 24 hours from the site.

Originally Posted by sivadselim
Don't kick your cat anymore, JBLsound4645
Unread 01-27-2009   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by che View Post
I hope and pray that Sooty will make a full recovery,he is a stunning boy,and he's been through so much,love him.He reminds me of my boy Bolan.As Maya said,don't blame yourself dear,you could make yourself ill if you do that.Accidents happen.The PDSA are wonderful,I'm Cheryl by the way,I live in South Wales.You take care of yourself and the little fella.Bye,Che.xxxxx
My hat is off to PDSA the vets and night staff that watch over the pets.
Unread 01-28-2009   #9 (permalink)
draconvarie

Oh my goodness. Poor sooty! It's lucky that he has such a devoted and loving "mommy man" as you. He looks so little in his cage. I think it's really neat that you can get vet care for him even if you don't happen to have money right away. It's not like that here in the States. It's so wrong.

I can understand his being freaked out by the dog. He's such a little cat and most dogs are so much bigger. I know. I'm trying to get my two cats used to two new dogs that we're living with because of a new roommate. They've never seen a dog before because they're indoor kitties. The dogs are very sweet and well behaved but our kitties are still afraid of them. We have a gate up and the kitties have a safe place in my room. We're introducing them gradually.

I can imagine what your poor kitty felt like with his little broken leg and his being in a carrier while the dog sniffed him. Poor little boy.

You are a very good cat person to take care of him so well. My best wishes go out to the both of you and I wish Sooty a fast and easy recovery.

Unread 01-28-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

If Sooty is off his food, it may be from the medicine he is on, bothering his tummy. Is one of them an antibiotic? be sure to call the vet and let them know Sooty is not eating. The medication may need to be changed.

It's very important that he eat!

please read this first

Tags
adorable , animal , another cat , antibiotic , beautiful , behaviour , black , black cat , bombay , box , boy , british , care , cat , cats , changed , dog , dogs , eating , eye , fast , fur , girl , great , growling , hey , hissing , home , indoor , kitten , kitten food , kitties , kitty , love , loving , lucky , meowing , money , night , not eating , person , pet , picture , pictures , play , playing , prayers , present , sick , small , story , vet , weird , worry

Sponsored Cat Links