It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-04-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kietz's Mom

Default Advise needed!

Good day to you all from a sunny South Africa.

I got my little boy Kietz on Saturday (he is 8weeks old), he settled in quickly and is very playful and lovable, I already love him to bits. The problem is that I am so paranoid that something will happen to him and feel so sad that I have to leave him all by himself during the day (I work from 7h30 till 16h00). We wanted to get two but decided that we can only afford 1 (we give him everything that he needs). Is it cruel to leave him by himself during the day, I do play with him all night when I get back? Food wise; I feed him Hills Kitten (kibbles), is that alright? And also, he only poos once a day, Is that normal?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-04-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hello and welcome! Congratulations on your new furbaby!

Keitz will learn to adjust to your schedule but I understand how you feel.

Since you give him lots of attention every night, he should be okay, but there are things you can do.

Put up a bird feeder outside a handy window so Keitz has something to occupy him. Be sure he has safe sturdy furniture to jump and climb on.

You can leave a radio or TV on softly, for sound for him, but be sure it and it's cord are out of reach.

Unplug all cords that he may have access to until he gets older and you are sure he is not going to chew on the electrical cords.

Be sure to stick aorund and share with us your growing bond between you and Kietz!

You could get a feliway plug in if you think he is having separation anxiety.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-04-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome!

I'm Maya, the Mom of 5 spoilt furkids
What's your name?

Concats for your new addition, hope to see pics soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-04-2009   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chris246 is on a distinguished road

I have several cats ,if I go out shopping even now I leave the TV on or the Radio ,also you could provide plenty of toys and a good cat scratcher ,your kitten will be ok ..I always say 2 babies if you intend going to work but as you say you could only afford one so perhaps you can get another later when money comes available .or cat rescue .xxx

Trinny, Lacymae,Saphira,Tiegan,Smoothie,Cassie,Indie,Fudge ,Blaize

Tags
addition , anxiety , babies , boy , cats , food , furniture , kitten , love , money , night , problem , rescue , sad , separation , shopping , toys , window

Sponsored Cat Links