It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-04-2009   #1 (permalink)
Lady Guinevere

Default cat vomiting

I hope someone out there can help me out with
our problem, I have 4 cats, 2 of which are over weight,
the youngest tends to eat too fast and shortly there after throws up
what he just ate, we have an automatic feeder, I try to limit how much he eats but not having much luck at this, any help you give would be great,
Thanks,
Lady G

Last edited by Lady Guinevere; 02-04-2009 at 02:08 PM.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-04-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Hi & welcome,

Yes, I know this very well. My Domino used to vomit just because he ate a lot in a short period of time. He also was overweight & this lead him to his death. Because of his obesity, he suffered from arrythmia, a heart disease caused by the enlargement of one of his heart chambers.
I suggest you to put your overweight cats on a diet ASAP. Obesity is bad not only for cats & dogs but for humans as well.
Another illness caused by obesity is diabetes, awful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-04-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Ah, the old Scarf and Barf. I recommend you stop free feeding and begin scheduled feeding times, and also keep track of how much each cat is getting.

If you would like to try that, and also help your over weight cats reduce, I will be happy to offer more information. I agree with Maya that your overweight are at risk for many diseases, not just diabetes and heart disease but Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease, (FLUTD) and liver disease.

Welcome to the forum!

Tags
cat , cats , diabetes , diet , dogs , fast , free , great , happy , obesity , overweight , overweight cats , problem , stop , vomit , vomiting , weight

Sponsored Cat Links