It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-08-2009   #1 (permalink)
stephcat

Default Useful Resources For FIV

My family and I have been through our share of encounters with FIV, and I'd like to share some resources that proved very helpful to us.

When one of my own cats, Mitzy, was diagnosed with FIV, I was absolutely heartsick. She'd become lethargic and clearly didn't feel well, and the only suggestion from my vet was to euthanize her because he said there's nothing that can be done for cats with FIV, especially once they develop symptoms.

I couldn't put Mitzy to sleep without doing some research first to see if there were any options available to me. While doing some searches online, I stumbled onto a book called "Feline AIDS: A Pet Owner's Guide" by Thomas Hapka, which outlines a variety of natural treatment strategies for FIV. It also contains a detailed resource directory of stores, supplements companies, and holistic practitioners.

Mitzy responded extremely well to the suggestions put forth in this book, and I'm very happy to report that I still have her. If I'd listened to my vet and simply thrown in the towel, she would have been euthanized way before her time.

If your cat has FIV, I would encourage you to read "Feline AIDS: A Pet Owner's Guide." The book can be found through felineaids.org. And please don't ever put a cat to sleep solely because they test positive for FIV.

Stephanie - proud mom to Mitzy

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-08-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi Stephanie & Mitzy, welcome!

Thank you for the advice Thank God you didn't hear to the vet's suggestion!

Hope to see Mitzy's pics soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-09-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for this useful information. Hurray for you for not giving up on Mitzy.

please read this first
Unread 02-16-2009   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing this! Glad to know Mitzy is doing well.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

|

|

Tags
advice , book , cats , family , feline aids , fiv , found , guide , happy , hey , natural , pet , sick , sleep , suggestions , test , vet

Sponsored Cat Links