It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-09-2009   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Fine
WeLuvCats is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to WeLuvCats Send a message via Yahoo to WeLuvCats
Smile Charlie is doing great

OK ya'll here's the new thread....and Charlie IS doing great ! Thanks again for all your support, advice, and EVERYTHING !!

Huggs and purrs from us,
Dawn and Charlie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-09-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

YAY! I'm so happpy to read this!

How long have you had the feliway plugged in?

I'm always testing, so I unplugged mine for a few days right after Ootay's B-12 shots to see what would happen. My Ootay stopped grooming by the third day, I waited another two days and she was getting scruftier and not coming out to be sociable at all, so I plugged it back in.

Following your lead I went to entirelypets.com to order some refills. the $5 off promotion wasn't on the page any more so I googled entirleypets.com coupons and came up with a code to get my $5 off. Thanks for telling me about that. I paid $22 for ONE refill at the vet, and got three this way for about $35.

Anyway back to Charlie. Will he be getting the b-12 shots regularly?

Now that he's doing better you might try weaning him off the baby food as it can cause constipation, plus he needs the nutrients (especially taurine) in cat food.

I know you will keep us updated

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-09-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Oh Dawn, this sounds much, much better!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-09-2009   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Hi...the Feliway has been plugged in for 48 hours, don't notice anything yet, but paperwork says atleast 1 week, or up to 1 month. It can't hurt a thing to use these tho.
As to the baby food, I am starting to feed him wet cat food again, and he ate 1/2 a can this morning...but I didnt know it can cause constipation, and now this has me a bit worried...as he has not pooped since yesterday morning.. do you have any suggestions to help with getting his bowels to move? After all his progress, I dont want to have to take him back in for a enemia...so any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all ya'll advice !

And for his B-12 shots, they are as needed, per vet.
And the code for entirelypets is catdog5 $5 off
Unread 02-09-2009   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLuvCats View Post
OK ya'll here's the new thread....and Charlie IS doing great ! Thanks again for all your support, advice, and EVERYTHING !!

Huggs and purrs from us,
Dawn and Charlie
This is wonderful news Dawn,hugs and purrs from me and my gang,and well done Charlie,you are a little legend.xxxxx
Unread 02-09-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Hi...the Feliway has been plugged in for 48 hours, don't notice anything yet, but paperwork says atleast 1 week, or up to 1 month. It can't hurt a thing to use these tho.
As to the baby food, I am starting to feed him wet cat food again, and he ate 1/2 a can this morning...but I didnt know it can cause constipation, and now this has me a bit worried...as he has not pooped since yesterday morning.. do you have any suggestions to help with getting his bowels to move? After all his progress, I dont want to have to take him back in for a enemia...so any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all ya'll advice !

Hi Dawn,

Give him fatty cream cheese, this may help...

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-09-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:

Don't worry too much yet. Now that he is eating the canned food again (is it the a/d still?) he may get back to normal without any other assistance. If he hasn't gone by tomorrow morning, that will be two full days, will be time enough to worry.

A bit of mineral oil in a small amount of food can get his bowels moving again. Only a small amount (1 ml) and give it in a tiny bit of food an hour before his main meal.

Mineral oil, being a laxative, can interfere with the absorption of nutrients, is why you give it an hour before a main meal. He probably won't need more than one or two doses to get him going again. (maximum twice a day)

Ask your vet first, of course, if it is okay to use mineral oil for him.

<in edit> yes, that is the code I used. thank you!
Unread 02-09-2009   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Smile

Afternoon all...I have pics I wanted to show ya'll of Charlie outside in my yard today. This is the 1st time he's ever been "outside" besides my screened sun porch on my house, and he loved being out doors, the sun was shining and it was nice and warm. He walked all around, played with some leaves and acorns. Doesnt he look good ?

Purrs,
Dawn and Charlie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0217.jpg (96.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0214.jpg (99.1 KB, 9 views)
Unread 02-09-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Awwwww.........what a doll baby he is!

please read this first
Unread 02-09-2009   #10 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

Dawn,

I'm so happy to be replying to a post that says "Charlie is doing Great".

Sounds like you had a beautiful day down south. Still a bit on the cool side in NY, but we're expecting high 40's tomorrow. A heat wave for us.

Give Charlie a big hug from me. He's been such a brave boy!

Hugs to u too!

And the Bridge Kids...♥♥♥Abbey, TC, Burger, Bella, Cali, Sarah, Hannah, DynahKathryn, Baybee and Puppy♥♥♥

Tags
advice , animal , antibiotic , anxiety , assistance , baby , beautiful , birds , bites , box , boy , canned food , car , care , cat food , catching , cats , christmas , commercial , computer , constipation , cool , crazy , crying , cut , diarrhea , dog , dry , eating , eye , eyes , fast , food , found , friends , girl , great , happy , heart murmur , heat , hey , home , homeopathic , house , hurt , infection , joke , kitty , lost , love , mat , meowing , missing , morning , moving , nice , night , not eating , nutrition , opinion , petsmart , play , playing , poo , poop , prayers , present , problem , problems , savannah , scared , small , smart , story , stress , suggestions , surgery , thoughts , turkey , type , upper respiratory , upset , vomiting , why? , worry

Sponsored Cat Links