It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-15-2009   #1 (permalink)
AmandaMarie7484

Default My cat has a small scab on her face

I noticed a small scab on my cat Gracie's face about 3 days ago. I talked to my friend who works for a vet and she said to put neosporin on it. It looks like it might be healing a little but it also looks like she is slightly losing her hair around it. I have been putting neosporin on it since yesterday. She is an inside cat so there is no way she got into a fight. It doesnt seem to be bothering her. Does anyone know what it might be or what I should be doing to help it. I'm trying to have the picture of it on here but I dont know if it will work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gracie.jpg (11.9 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by AmandaMarie7484; 02-15-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-15-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hi AmandaMarie, welcome! to load a picture:

try this: when in posting frame, scroll down to "manage attachments". click on that. You will be brought to where you can upload your pic.

click on browse, and find the picture link. click open. that will put the pic link in the space,

then click upload, and that will load the picture. If the pic is too large it will tell you so, and you'll just have to reduce the pixels and try again.

Cats can get lots of skin disorders, ringworm and flea allergy are the first that come to mind. even with a picture we can't really diagnose what is wrong with your kitty, it is best to take her to the vet.

Please do let us know what you find out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-15-2009   #3 (permalink)
AmandaMarie7484

thanks for your help...

Unread 02-15-2009   #4 (permalink)
catz1

Hi Amanda!
I agree with Ace, take Gracie to the vet and he/she will prescribe some medicine. It could be bacterial, an allergy or that she scratched it and tore some skin and hair off and there is or was a minor infection. Only the vet can tell you.

Good luck with Gracie!

Unread 02-16-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi Amanda,

I also agree, the best will be to take him to the vet ASAP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-16-2009   #6 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi Amanda and Gracie,your kitty looks a little cutie from that photo,once the vet has treated her,come back and let us know she's ok,and show us some more photos.Good luck.Bye Che.xxxxx

Tags
age , allergy , cat , fight , infection , kitty , photos , picture , ringworm , scab , small , upload , vet

Sponsored Cat Links