It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-17-2009   #1 (permalink)
DWMeowMix

Unhappy Essiac tea for IBD/Cancer

Woody my 15 yr old has either IBD or Cancer we don't know which. I have declined exploratory surgery because I feel he is too frail to survive it even though the vet tells me his blood work is good. I don't feel that its necessary to perform a surgery to tell me which disease is utimately going to kill him. The end is the same.

That being said, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with using Essiac Tea with cats having IBD or cancer. In my readings on the internet it seems that most people are divided on whether it helps or not. Any opinions?

Purrs, DWMeowMix

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-17-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

I'm sorry to hear these tragic news I don't have any experience with this Essiac Tea & I never heard of it, sorry.
What I do know is, as you said, that the end unfortunately will be the same with surgery & without it.
I lost two of my kits from this disease, we did the impossible to save them but we couldn't This awful thing won the battle
Our prayers & thoughts are with you. I'm so sorry...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-17-2009   #3 (permalink)
DWMeowMix

Thank you Maya...I appreciate your thoughts.

DWMeowMix

Unread 02-17-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I too am sorry for your beloved Woody's diagnosis, but agree with your decison to let him live out his life in peace until quality of life becomes an issue.

I did some research on this tea and could not find anything bad. If what you have read seems reliable and trustworthy, meaning it can't hurt, my opinion is, it is worth a try.

Does your vet have any comment on it?

Please let us know if you try it, and if you can get it into Woody, and what, if anything happens.

And of course keep us updated on Woody.

please read this first
Unread 02-18-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWMeowMix View Post
Thank you Maya...I appreciate your thoughts.

DWMeowMix
You welcome love; I know very well what are you feeling right now
It's heartbreaking & so sad to lose a friend. I'm so sorry

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-18-2009   #6 (permalink)
catz1

I too am so very sorry to hear about Woody! I wish I could be of help! Please keep us posted on how he's doing?? My thoughts and prayers to both of you!

Hugs and purrs........

Unread 02-18-2009   #7 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

So sorry about Woody dear.Thoughts and prayers are with you.xxxxx
Unread 02-18-2009   #8 (permalink)
DWMeowMix

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
I too am sorry for your beloved Woody's diagnosis, but agree with your decison to let him live out his life in peace until quality of life becomes an issue.

I did some research on this tea and could not find anything bad. If what you have read seems reliable and trustworthy, meaning it can't hurt, my opinion is, it is worth a try.

Does your vet have any comment on it?

Please let us know if you try it, and if you can get it into Woody, and what, if anything happens.

And of course keep us updated on Woody.

I haven't brought it up to her yet. I think I'm just going to go ahead and try it. She's an allopathic vet and at least has an open mind. She won't poo-poo me but as this is in the realm of holistics rather than allopathics, I don't imagine she will have much of an opinion.

DWMeowMix

Unread 02-18-2009   #9 (permalink)
DWMeowMix

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and support. It means a lot to me. It's so hard watching him go through this; I just wish I had a magic wand to wave and make him all better.

DWMeowMix

Unread 02-18-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

What does allopathic mean?

Tags
animal , antibiotics , baby , beautiful , blog , boy , camera , care , cat , cat pictures , cleaning , color , crying , cut , diarrhea , digital camera , eating , eyes , favorites , fire , fun , funny , fur , gift , girl , guide , health , home , hurt , ibd , infection , informative , internet , kitties , loss , lost , love , mat , morning , opinion , person , photos , pictures , poo , prayers , profile , raw , save , sick , sleep , stop , surgery , thoughts , traditional , upload , vet , vomiting

Sponsored Cat Links