It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-17-2009   #1 (permalink)
ragdolls

Default mastitis

my mommy cat got mastitis so the vet has pulled the kittens off her.. given her meds.. and now i am bottle feeding my kitties.. i have 4 that were born on feb 1st..

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-17-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

oh boy, that's a lot of work for you. How's it going? how many kittens are there? Do you have to keep the mother and kittens separated at all times, or can they bond after they are well fed?

Since she's not going to be nursing them anymore, can you get her spayed right away?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-18-2009   #3 (permalink)
ragdolls

there are 4 kittens.. everything is going great... i do have to keep the mom and kittens seperated at all times. because even though they are wel feed she stil tries to get them to nurse.. and i can get her spayed once the inflamation goes down if i so choose.. i probally wil

Unread 02-18-2009   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

poor kittens...
they will surely missed their mom...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Unread 02-18-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Hope she will get well soon & be able to feed her kittens, poor thing!
Pls keep us posted.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-20-2009   #6 (permalink)
ragdolls

well the inflamation has susided and another vet visit she was given a shot to dry up the milk she will not be feeding them but she has come to terms with this and so far under supervision just cleans them

Unread 02-20-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update. I'm glad she's getting contact with them again now. How're they doing with the handfeeding?

please read this first
Unread 02-21-2009   #8 (permalink)
ragdolls

they doing great not the first i have had to feed but the first time was just one from a calico cat years ago.... now i am teaching my four girls.. they are bonding with kits and kits bonding with them when hungry the kits go to their girl for food.. when kids in school the kits search for them but i offer bottle when they start searchig during that time

Unread 02-21-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Great news! & thank you for the update

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
art , boy , cat , dry , food , great , hey , kittens , kitties , search , spayed , vet

Sponsored Cat Links