It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-18-2009   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Warning: Counterfeit Advantage and Frontline

For those of us in the northern hemisphere, it is turning toward spring and flea season, and as I was shopping for Advantage for fleas, I saw this warning of counterfeit products. The webpage tells how to discern the true product from the phone. The counterfeit killed some cats, so be very careful if you shop online.

http://cats.about.com/cs/parasiticdi...rfeit_flea.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-18-2009   #2 (permalink)
catz1

Thanks for the info Maya! It makes me sick that people can put out products for cats that can kill cats! I only bought a flea collar once years ago and got it from my vet.

This was posted in another thread:
For flea control OUTSIDE that's safe to use...Thanks DW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWMeowMix View Post
Here's the link where I bought mine and has some good info on use with pets:

Diatomaceous Earth (DE), Food Grade

There are 3 grades of DE: Swimming Pool, horticultural and food grade. If using in or around pets (because whatever gets ON a pet, goes IN a pet) only Food Grade is recommended. Here's another link with with more info on the differences in grades and uses.

Fresh water, food grade diatomaceous earth

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-18-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

oh yeah, I saw it, thank you!

Unread 02-18-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Thanks for this Maya.

I always tell people the only place you know you are getting the real thing is to buy your spot on flea product from your vet.

My vet actually deliberately undersells places like 1800PetMeds - America's Pet Medication & Pet Supplies Pharmacy, to encourage people to get their product there (at the vet), so they know they are getting safe guaranteed products.

They keep track of those online stores and keep the prices of advantage, frontline plus, and revolution about $5 lower. PLUS buying from the vet you get a manufacturer's promotion of one free application when you buy a six pack.

please read this first
Unread 02-20-2009   #5 (permalink)
draconvarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
I am not very good with computers, so please bear with me. When I clicked on the link it brought me to the site, About.com Cats. It had a lot of neat cat articles and stuff, but I didn't see the article on the phoney meds. Am I doing something wrong?

Unread 02-20-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Unhappy

Oh, I'm sorry. Two days ago it was there; you know they are renewing the topics all the time...

Unread 02-20-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Default okay third try

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
Oh, I'm sorry. Two days ago it was there; you know they are renewing the topics all the time...
google counterfeit flea products and a lot of info comes up. I have tried three times to post a direct link to the maristavet page on this issue, very informative, but the forum will not allow my message through.

annoying as all heck.

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body..._products.html

this link has excellent info, with other links to show you how to determine if the product is a fake or dangerous. bottom line though is buy these products only through your vet.

Last edited by acerlt; 02-20-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Unread 02-20-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

(evil laugh) well I solved that problem by making a post then using edit, and adding the link in edit, and it worked!
Unread 02-20-2009   #9 (permalink)
draconvarie

Thanks! I shall go check it out, but I think you're right...only buy through the vet. Good advice.

Not to worry, Maya, it's not your fault my computer was on the fritz for so long.

Unread 02-20-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
(evil laugh) well I solved that problem by making a post then using edit, and adding the link in edit, and it worked!
Oh, smart girl, well done!

Tags
advice , age , cats , collar , color , computer , fleas , food , free , frontline , girl , hey , informative , internet , links , problem , shopping , sick , smart , vet , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links