It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-19-2009   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipGirl View Post
Maintenance of good health. It's what my vet advised.

I too take my pet's diets very seriously. I try to give them quality food.

He hasn't eaten since 7am this morning, because that's when we feed him, then we give him his dinner around 6-7pm but tonight he didn't eat it so he's not vomiting his food... But I'll get rid of his dish for now and see tomorrow morning.

He seems to be feeling a bit better, reacting to my walking in to the bedroom and letting me pet him. I'll keep you posted!
yeah, I think we all do here. I was kind of just making fun of myself so you didn't think I'd lost it haha!

There are lots of good choices for feeding our furbaby's healthy diets, which is a good thing since everyone has different tastes!

I only asked because I was thinking Purina Veterinary diets were prescription diet for particular health problems, and I was wondering what Phoenix's issue was. I am happy to hear he doens't have any health problems!

Sheesh, I need to give one cat fluids, give the same cat shots, give two cats pills, brush four sets of cat teeth and get to bed!

That's good news that Phoenix is perking up and acknowledging you.

I'll be checking in the morning to see how he is.

good night!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-19-2009   #12 (permalink)
GossipGirl

Thanks

Good luck with your furbabies!

The only health issue Phoenix has is that poor quality cat food gives him diarrhea...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-20-2009   #13 (permalink)
DWMeowMix

You could try a little slippery elm or Pepcid AC to settle his tummy. This is what the animal ER gave my Waco when he had serious gastric upset. But if your kitty hasn't eaten in 2 days then you need to get some food into him pronto! You run the risk of fatty liver disease after 2 days. Get thee to a vet!

DWMeowMix

Unread 02-20-2009   #14 (permalink)
GossipGirl

So, here are some news! Some great news Phoenix is doing much better! He slept with us like he usually does. When I got up around 7am to go to the bathroom, he greeted me with his usual morning cooing and tail wagging, impatient to be fed So I gave him a tiny portion of his food and he ate it Then when I woke up again, we cuddled and he started purring, basically back to his old self!! I gave him another tiny portion of food and he ate some but not all of it. He hasn't thrown up at all since eating again!!! He's currently on daddy's chair, so basically he is back to normal or almost!! I am so relieved!!! I was so scared!!!

Oh last night he had diarrhea and OMG I don't think he's ever smelled that bad before!!! I asked my hubby to do the litterbox ASAP and he felt like gagging the whole time, I couldn't stop laughing

Unread 02-20-2009   #15 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So, here are some news! Some great news Phoenix is doing much better! He slept with us like he usually does. When I got up around 7am to go to the bathroom, he greeted me with his usual morning cooing and tail wagging, impatient to be fed So I gave him a tiny portion of his food and he ate it Then when I woke up again, we cuddled and he started purring, basically back to his old self!! I gave him another tiny portion of food and he ate some but not all of it. He hasn't thrown up at all since eating again!!! He's currently on daddy's chair, so basically he is back to normal or almost!! I am so relieved!!! I was so scared!!!

Oh last night he had diarrhea and OMG I don't think he's ever smelled that bad before!!! I asked my hubby to do the litterbox ASAP and he felt like gagging the whole time, I couldn't stop laughing
Thank you for the update. whatever caused the diarrhea must be what was making him feel so bad. Perhaps he ate a bug or spider. Cats can get into the darnedest things.

Glad you are okay Phoenix, stop worrying your mommie and us like that!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 02-20-2009   #16 (permalink)
draconvarie

Quote:
So, here are some news! Some great news ...
SO GLAD! Thank-you for the update. My best to Phoenix and you and your hubby.

Unread 02-20-2009   #17 (permalink)
DWMeowMix

Oh very excellent! You still might try a bit of that slippery elm. It's an herb that basically turns into a mucus once ingested and cling to the tummy & intestinal lining much like Pepcid or Pepto Bismol. It will help soothe any remaining upset and resolve any vomiting or lingering diarrehea issues. Good for people and pets! So glad your baby is on the mend!

DWMeowMix

Unread 02-20-2009   #18 (permalink)
GossipGirl

Thanks for caring about my baby! I was so worried last night. I was gonna bring him to the vet today if he was still throwing up and not eating. I'm so glad he's better!

I'm not too sure what caused this but, maybe the anxiety of bringing a new cat into our home. Or, we fed him some canned food that the other cat wouldn't eat... Maybe it was too much for his little stomach... Phoenix has a very sensitive stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWMeowMix View Post
You still might try a bit of that slippery elm.
Where can I buy that?

Unread 02-20-2009   #19 (permalink)
DWMeowMix

Grocery store with a "health foods" section such as Smith's or any health & nutrition store like Good Earth, GMC. Anyplace that sells both vitamins and herbal supplements.

DWMeowMix

Unread 02-20-2009   #20 (permalink)
GossipGirl

Hmm, I can't think of any store like that near where I live... But I'll keep an eye on it, thanks!

Tags
adopted , animal , antibiotics , anxiety , art , baby , bowel , box , boy , camera , canned food , care , carpet , cat , cat food , changed , clean , crazy , diarrhea , diet , eating , eye , eyes , fever , food , found , girl , great , groom , happy , health , hey , home , house , hurt , kitty , litter , litter box , litterbox , lost , morning , moving , nausea , new cat , night , not eating , nutrition , obstruction , overweight , peeing , pet , pictures , pills , playing , problems , scared , shelter , sick , sleeping , small , stress , surgery , upset , vet , vomit , vomiting , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links