It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-20-2009   #21 (permalink)
GossipGirl

*Sigh* Update...

This morning Phoenix seemed so much better although he didn't eat much. But as the day went by, he seemed to get a little bit, you know, sick-ish again. And around 8 or 9pm, he threw up again But it's only one time today, yesterday it was like 10 times! He's sleeping on the couch right now, he seems a bit better than he was last night, last night I was really worried. Tonight, although I am a bit worried again, I hope tomorrow he's gonna be all better. But if he refuses to eat during the day and he seems weak, I'll have to take him to the vet

Please pray that Phoenix gets better and tomorrow he starts eating again and doesn't throw up

I'll keep you guys posted.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-21-2009   #22 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Oh dear, I'm sorry for this set back. Anymore diahrrea? Will he let you rub his tummy? that might help alleviate some gas.

I'll be praying, but I agree with you that if he's not greatly improved by this morning he needs to see the vet. the danger of dehydration is great.

Still hoping it's just a stubborn hairball.......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-21-2009   #23 (permalink)
GossipGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
Oh dear, I'm sorry for this set back. Anymore diahrrea? Will he let you rub his tummy? that might help alleviate some gas.
No more diarrhea. He does let us rub his tummy but I don't know if it's gas...

Update: He hasn't thrown up since that one time last night. He drinks but seems to have trouble eating... I tried giving him one pellet at a time, he licks it, takes it in his mouth but then spits it out... I tried giving him canned food, same thing, he licks it, eats a bit of it but seems to have trouble eating it...

And he wants to eat! He sits in front of the closet waiting for his food and gets excited like he usually does...

I have an appointment at the vet at 11:40. I'll keep you posted.

Unread 02-21-2009   #24 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

What you are describing is a cat who has nausea, which could be caused by gas or any other number of things. they want to eat, and mouth the food, but becuase of the upset stomach, can't.

so glad you're going to the vet today, will be watching for updates. All paws crossed it's *just* a hairball!
Unread 02-21-2009   #25 (permalink)
GossipGirl

Update: So we went to the vet and on the good side, there is nothing wrong with him They felt him all over, everything looks good, no fever. So they prescribed him an anti-acid and an appetite stimulant, and also some food to serynge feed him. But as soon as we got home, he ran to his food bowl He ate some of that small portion of canned food I gave him but not all. So I don't know, should I still serynge feed him tonight?

Unread 02-21-2009   #26 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

I'm glad Phoenix is on the mend!
I would syringe feeding him only if he doesn't eat completely. If he had an upset stomach, he needs to eat gradually. Give him some time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Last edited by krzekmaya; 02-21-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Unread 02-21-2009   #27 (permalink)
Kitten

Caki_Nanu is on a distinguished road

I hope your baby gets better!
Im not sure if you give your kitties Vitamins, a lot of people don't but they most certainly should...they have different flavors (the one i give my kitten is liver flavored) she seems to LOVE it!
My vet told me that "Hartz vitamin care" is extremely good; thats the brand i use, its recommended to be given to pets under stress to help bring back their vitality!
good luck once again
Unread 02-21-2009   #28 (permalink)
GossipGirl

I'll check out those vitamins!

Phoenix threw up tonight Making it once today. He had eaten a bit throughout the day, but he threw it all up tonight

Unread 02-21-2009   #29 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipGirl View Post
I'll check out those vitamins!

Phoenix threw up tonight Making it once today. He had eaten a bit throughout the day, but he threw it all up tonight
oh dear, I'm sorry to ehar this.

Perhaps the next step is x ray to check for obstruction.

please read this first
Unread 02-22-2009   #30 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road

I sometimes buy Kitzyme Conditioning Tablets fishy flavour. They are also vitamins you can give as a treat. Specially formulated to contain B-complex vitamins & minerals important to your cat's health & fitness.
www.petshealthcare.com

Hope Phoenix will feel well soon again!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
adopted , animal , antibiotics , anxiety , art , baby , bowel , box , boy , camera , canned food , care , carpet , cat , cat food , changed , clean , crazy , diarrhea , diet , eating , eye , eyes , fever , food , found , girl , great , groom , happy , health , hey , home , house , hurt , kitty , litter , litter box , litterbox , lost , morning , moving , nausea , new cat , night , not eating , nutrition , obstruction , overweight , peeing , pet , pictures , pills , playing , problems , scared , shelter , sick , sleeping , small , stress , surgery , upset , vet , vomit , vomiting , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links