It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-22-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

voldo37 is on a distinguished road
Default pet health insurance

So I am looking at possibly getting some health insurance for Sampson - my new 9month old Maine Coon kitten. I searched this forum but didn't see any recent discussions on the different providers so I thought I would ask what others have and what their likes and dislikes are on their policies.

I have been looking at VPI or PurinaCare. The differences that I see are:
VPI - they have a scheduled amount they will pay for everything - no matter what it costs. $50 deductible per incident.
PurinaCare - they pay 80% of the cost after the deductible. The deductible is an annual deductible - like normal health insurance.

What are your thoughts??
thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-23-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome!

I don't know how it works where you live, but here I wanted to get an insurance many years ago & didn't do it because it was up to the age of 8 years so, when your cat most needed it (when will be older) you don't have it. Check also this, I don't think it's worth to get the insurance if works as here.
Hope to see Sampson's pics soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-02-2009   #3 (permalink)
abrahamlitan

It is really very nice idea about the pet insurance.
Pet is also important for human being.

Unread 03-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

Before I ignore that pet insurance idea...
But now I realized how important it is to our pet...

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Unread 03-02-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

For anyone thinking of getting pet insurance in the UK - I found a really good ethical insurance company called Animal Friends, they donate all their net profits to animal charities around the world. They also cover your animals for life if required and the excess is £50. I pay £8 a month each for mine and I think it's well worth it!

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 03-02-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Exclamation

Heidi,

Pls ask up to what age they cover. Here is only up to 8 years of age & when you need it most you don't have it. In the meantime you payed lots of money. You need the insurance when your pet is old, right? older than 8 years of age, so think of it before you decide to do something.

Unread 03-02-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Yes Maya I totally agree with you - it is important to ensure that cover continues regardless of age and Animal Friends cover pets of all ages which is another reason I went with them

Unread 03-02-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Unhappy

The problem is that here does not continue, only up to the age of 8. I've asked on many Insurance Companies...

Unread 03-02-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Oh, maybe I've been lucky finding this one then - this is a quote from their website:

"Will you only insure pets up to a certain age, say 8 years or 10 years?" No, we will take on a new pet at any age. We have insured both dogs and cats for the first time when they have been 18 years old!
So you have the comfort to know that, if you take out pet insurance with Animal Friends, then we will continue to insure your pet for his or her life as long as you continue to pay the premiums.

Unread 03-02-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmithy View Post
Oh, maybe I've been lucky finding this one then - this is a quote from their website:

"Will you only insure pets up to a certain age, say 8 years or 10 years?" No, we will take on a new pet at any age. We have insured both dogs and cats for the first time when they have been 18 years old!
So you have the comfort to know that, if you take out pet insurance with Animal Friends, then we will continue to insure your pet for his or her life as long as you continue to pay the premiums.
Sorry, I just realised Maya that you say in Israel in general you cannot get the insurance after they are 8 - that is crazy isn't it.

Tags
age , amazing , animal , assistance , business , cat , cats , crazy , dogs , found , friends , great , health , hey , kitten , lucky , maine coon , mat , money , nice , pet , problem , sick , thoughts

Sponsored Cat Links