It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
fredntrouble

Question Kitty cold

Hi Everyone, I'm hoping that someone can help me out there. I have an 11 yr old and a 6 yr old cats. I went away for a week and had my mom come in and take care of my guys while I was gone. When I came home everyone was fine and healthy. Then days later my 6 yr old, (Frank) started to develope symptoms of a cold, sneezing and sounding stuffed up. My 11 yr old Fred is fine, just sneezes every now and then, acting normal. They are both eating but my poor Frankie sounds so stuffed up and nasely is there anything that I can do to help him at home here to help him get better versus taking a walk through the vets door at 40 bucks a pop. Please if anyone knows how I can help him or cure him without going to the vet I would appreciate the input. Thanks in advance, and it's been bout a week now that Frank has been this way. Paulette

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-26-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

A week is a long time for a cat to have an upper respiratory infection, he needs to be seen by the vet.

URIs left untreated can become very serious and cause worse, more expensive problems as time goes on.

please take Frank to the vet without delay.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-27-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

The best will be to pay a visit to the vet's.
Pls keep us posted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-27-2009   #4 (permalink)
DWMeowMix

Could be sintinitus aka kitty cold. You can use a diluted solution of echinechea which can be found over the internet or in a health store. Use a liquid non-alchohol tincture usually found in the children's section. Add 2 eye dropper fulls to a 1 oz bottle and fill with spring water. You can find these bottles in the health store as well. Give kitty 1 dropper full 3 x daily until symptoms disappear. Do NOT give for more than 3 weeks. Obviously seeing your vet is preferable but I too needed to find solutions for common issues because money is tight. If the symptoms worsen or do not go away get thee to a vet!!!!

DWMeowMix

Unread 02-27-2009   #5 (permalink)
fredntrouble

Frank has a vet appointment tomorrow Feb 28th at 8:45am, I decided that seeing my vet would be the best thing.

Unread 02-27-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Right decision!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 03-02-2009   #7 (permalink)
DWMeowMix

Hope it's nothing serious and Frank feels better soon. Good luck!

DWMeowMix

Unread 03-02-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredntrouble View Post
Frank has a vet appointment tomorrow Feb 28th at 8:45am, I decided that seeing my vet would be the best thing.
Oh good desicion. well now he's been seen, please come back and tell us how he is!
Unread 03-04-2009   #9 (permalink)
fredntrouble

Talking

Hi everyone,

It's been 5 days since Frank has been to the vet. My vet Dr. DiMayo, very good by the way, gave him an antibiotic script that he has to take for 14 days. While at the office they took Frank and hydrated him, not that he was dehydrated cause he wasn't but doc wanted that done so he didn't dehydrate, and gave him the first shot of the antibiotic. Doc also told me when I give Frank the canned food to add a little water with it so he gets fluids. He was running a temp of 103, but I can tell that he is feeling better cause he comes out and is a little social. Dr DiMayo pretty much said that he has the kitty flu, it wasn't a URI. Question, since Frank has sneezed all over everything I was wondering how to get the dryed cat snot off my furniture. Blankets are no big deal throw them in the wash but how do I get it off the couch??? Thanks in advance...........Paulette
Fred is Fred happy and healthy and silly like normal, he never came down with "flu" which is a blessing!!!!

Unread 03-04-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thank you so much for coming back to update us. I'm glad Frank is receiving treatment and is feeling better.

please read this first

Tags
antibiotic , books , canned food , care , cat , cats , children , cold , eating , eye , fleas , food , found , fur , furniture , great , happy , health , healthy , hey , home , infection , internet , kitty , money , problems , question , sick , silly , social , upper respiratory , vet , wash , water

Sponsored Cat Links