It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-19-2009   #1 (permalink)
luizgota

Default My cat is sick - please help!!!

She's 3-4 years old. Of Persian and I believe Bobtail extraction.

For the past several days now, she's been vomiting, her stool is either very liquid or has small pieces of fecal matter or sometimes both, and she doesn't want to eat. She drinks only warm water, but before that she drank regular cool water. She's visibly depressed, but still plays around. This has never happened before.

Before I take her to a vet, I got two questions:

1. Normally, is a cat's nose supposed to be cold and wet to the touch?
2. From the symptoms I described above, what could be the problem? Is it a cat's cold, some virus, maybe food poisoning?

Please help, thank you!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-20-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm sorry to hear your cat is sick. From the symptoms I would say get her to a vet ASAP - she is likely to get dehydrated with both vomiting and diarrhoea. It's difficult to say what it might be, anything from something nasty she has eaten, to furballs in her tummy. A cold wet nose is not normally a concern, but if she has weeping eyes at all it could be a cold. The lack of drinking cold water means it must be irritating or hurting her tummy I would think.

As I say, get her to the Vats pronto, they will know best - good luck and I hope she's better soon!

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-20-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

hope she will get well soon. Pls keep us posted!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 03-21-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

As has already been said, your kitty needs veterinary attention right away. all that vomiting and diarrhea will cause her to be dehydrated, which can affect her kidneys.

It is very dangerous for cats to go more than a few days without eating, also. Their organs begin to shut down.

She could have dental problems, and abscess in her mouth, IBS, food allergy, she could ahve eaten something toxic there are many things that could be wrong. The sooner she receives treatment the better her chances are.

Yes, a healthy cat's nose is normally cold and wet, but can sometimes feel warm and dry after she's been sleeping for a long time.

However a warm dry nose can also indicate fever.

Welcome to the forum and please do come back and let us know how she is.
Unread 03-21-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Is your cat sick ?

From the symptoms you described, i remember once in a while my Princess Tiger would experience the same thing. I always brought her to the same vet, and she had become like our family doc, until she got pregnant. She said, Tiger is gets depressed easily or you can call it, sensitive (probably caused by traumatic early kittenhood experience...) and she also have a sensitive stomach. She usually would treated Tiger's dehydration and hairball problems, as for me, besides clearing up the playground thoroughly from hazardous items my kitties might find and eat, then the vet would also remind me to bottle-feed her with extra water, to prevent her from further dehydration. Yes, I remember keeping one little bottle of anti-depresant and will give her a drop/day to tackle her "easily-get-depresed" problem. I hope your kitty's problem is not a serious one.
Get well soon !
Irene, Princess Tiger, Lady Fergie and Earl Blue

Tags
allergy , cat , cat's , cats , cold , cool , depressed , diarrhea , dry , eating , eyes , family , fever , food , fur , healthy , hey , kitties , kitty , mat , nose , persian , pregnant , problem , problems , sick , sleeping , small , vet , vomiting , water

Sponsored Cat Links