It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-21-2009   #1 (permalink)
furryfriends50

Default feeding high quality dry food with low quality wet?

i feed my farm cats high quality dry food (natural balance, instinct, chicken soup, blue buffalo, & kirkland) and low quality wet (friskies). the dry food i alternate i am planning on alternating every month as soon as i can get a few of the brands i listed. with getting 3 oz of the high quality dry food, do you think it is okay to feed a low quality wet food?

each cat eats 3 oz of dry and 3 oz of wet each day, and there are 26 cats in all.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-22-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Cool Quality of dry/wet food

Dunno, I also alternate, I used to give them Hill's (my favorite), Royal Canin, Whiskas, Choice, and just tried their 1st bag of Purina indoor. I have little knowledge on wet, but I only buy those brands/taste my cats will like, like Fancy Feast, SEEDS (Japanese Health In), AIXIA Platinum (which is the most expensive, so I rarely buy) , But I think, by giving them quality dry is nutritious enough for our cats, according to experts, giving wet is just like treats to them.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-22-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

I also feed my kits with the two of them: they have their feeder with the dry food permanently & once a day, in the evenings the wet food. They are mad about treats but I give them occasionally.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 03-22-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Question

Anyone of you knows which brands of dry/wet food we should not or even must not buy ?
Unread 03-22-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

I know perfectly but my kits decide...

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 03-22-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Question Yes Maya ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
I know perfectly but my kits decide...
Please, please tell me what you know, the brands name.. (I mean low quality ones with bad reputation or report, or even hazardous brands that might kill our furbabes) ? Do you mind to tell me for the sake of our kitty's health ? As for me, I'd rather decide on their behalf if health is the issue.
Unread 03-22-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up

Thank you Acer, you are really an expert, and a sane one I hate rumours too... Thanks again for saving my time with your solid and useful answers !
Unread 03-22-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

you're welcome!

here is a website that you can check for updated pet food recalls

Search for Pet Food Recalls
Unread 03-22-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up Pet food recalls

Thanks for the website, it is useful
Unread 05-14-2009   #10 (permalink)
furryfriends50

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
Any pet food labeled with AAFCO substantiation is okay to feed your cats.

yes there are differences in quality and ingredients but many cats live long healthy lives on friskies (canned or dry) meow mix, etc.

there are so many food choices out there it can be mind boggling.

I've seen people come to virtual blows over the pet food issue. In another forum I visit there is a member who scorns all commercial foods and tells people left and right that they are poisoning their pets by feeding anything but raw. (that member is on my ignore list over there, now)

the bottom line is

1) is it labled by the AAFCO as nutritionally complete and

2) will your pets eat it.

the problem with AAFCO - a cat food will pass the test if 6/8 cats on the food trial don't die...

i have switched now from friskies wet to raw and from the brands i listed to almost all grain free

Tags
animal , cat , cat food , cats , commercial , diet , dog , dry , dry food , food , found , free , health , healthy , hey , indoor , joy , kitten , kitten food , kitty , meow , natural , pet , pet food , problem , raw , recalls , royal , search , test , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links