It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-24-2009   #1 (permalink)
Texaskid

Default Pinworms? Help!

About a week ago, I noticed what looked like dead pinworms where my cat sleeps. This is the first time I've noticed this with her. I may have the name of the worm wrong but I think its pinworm. I had another cat that used to get this and the vet told me it's because when they lick themselves they ingest fleas, pinworm eggs, etc. Yuck! The vet gave me a pill to give the other cat and it killed the pinworms. Anyway, this cat - she doesn't have fleas, but she does eat rodents (caught her eating a rabbit, and she's outside all the time - we live in a rural wooded area). I guess all this sounds gross, but it's reality. Finally, my question: Does anyone know of an over-the-counter remedy for this, or just something you can get in the pet section at the grovery store? Thanks!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-24-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Sorry no idea, but hope that others can come up to help ..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-24-2009   #3 (permalink)
Texaskid

Thanks. It's a pretty common thing with cats... and it's gross. Just like children get it (but a different kind of pinworm). If I find the solution, I'll post.

Unread 03-24-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thanks ...
Unread 03-29-2009   #5 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

It looks like you need to deworm your cat. Not so sure about the name of the medicine, but there are many OTC Pinworm Medicine which you can buy.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|
Unread 03-30-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

I would take him to the vet again, he may solve the problem for you

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 03-30-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Smile Pinworms - solved ?

Taking her to the vet sounds a very good idea. Did you manage to solve this problem yet ? Please keep us posted. All the best !

Tags
age , another cat , cat , cats , children , eating , fleas , hey , pet , pill , problem , question , vet

Sponsored Cat Links