It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-25-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

automaton2 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation transitioning foods

y
my kitten 5 months old had a bout of vomiting and diarrhea[ one day of vomiting]
We went to our vet and he was on flagyl and pepcid for 5 days
he has been on hills i/d for almost a month
when I tried to transition him he got the loose stools back
solid gold wet and dry

I would like to get him on to natures balance duck and pea

any suggestions as to transitioning him now
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-29-2009   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

I suggest you slowly transition your cat to another grain free formula like Wellness Core. Remember to transition food very slowly over 1-2 weeks.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-30-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Smile Your 5 months old digestion problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaton2 View Post
y
my kitten 5 months old had a bout of vomiting and diarrhea[ one day of vomiting]
solid gold wet and dry

Hi dear, you've done a great job to take him to the vet to fix his digestion problem.
According to your post, your vet prescribed him flagyl and pepcid for 5 days, that means today is the last day he is on the med (unless you took her to the vet earlier than what I assumed). I'm interested in how the treatment was on him, as well as his reaction toward natures balance duck and pea if you did transitioned him (coz I read somewhere on this site, this duck and pea food worked quite well on someone else's stomach).
Hope everything turns well with your kitten.
PS. : Basically if it is the sensitive stomach problem, then I would recommend giving him LACTIC ACID BACTERIA (good bacteria) to adjust, restore or even strengthen his digestive system. Just mix it (white powder) with his food (wet or dry). My kitty's problem improved effectively with this good bacteria.

Unread 03-30-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

I totally agree with Irene. Best is to take him to the vet's. He will imm prescribe the kind of food your kit needs.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 04-01-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My pleasure ..lol..

Unread 04-01-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
My pleasure ..lol..
Well Irene, you have admirers... he he

Unread 04-01-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
Well Irene, you have admirers... he he
Don't be so envious Maya, you have many more ..

Unread 04-01-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Who?? I want to know

Unread 04-01-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking I am your big Fans !

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
Who?? I want to know
I am one of them... and I'll be your right hand ..
You also have P. Tiger, Lady Fergie, Earl Blue, and many more..

Unread 04-02-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaton2 View Post
y
solid gold wet and dry

If your vet prescibed the i/d and he was doing well on it, I am wondering why you want to switch? I would not recommend swithing your kitten's diet without your vet's okay.

That being said, to change a cat's food should be done very gradually. Start by adding a small amount of the new with the old, every few days increase the new a little and decrease the old, it should take at least two weeks, three is better.

And has been mentioned a little probiotic while changing foods can help the adjustment go better.

Fortiflora, pro bios and benebac are three. probios and benebec are a gel form in a tube, fortiflora is a powder. All are effective.

Ask your vet if your kitten should be on vitamin and/or calorie supplements, as, at 5 months he really should still be on kitten food. Since he needs special diet (which are made for adult cats) he may need something extra.

please keep us updated

Tags
adult , advice , art , baby , boy , breed , cat , cat's , cats , cool , diarrhea , diet , dry , eating , food , free , great , growth , healthy , image , kitten , kitten food , kitty , love , maine coon , natural , nice , problem , small , suggestions , transition , vet , vomiting , worry

Sponsored Cat Links