It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-29-2009   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Fine
WeLuvCats is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to WeLuvCats Send a message via Yahoo to WeLuvCats
Question 3 Wet Cold Kittens Found Outside...Need Advice

We, down south, got very heavy rains yesterday,when I went outside to feed my kitties this morning, I found 3 wet, shivering kittens. I brought them in, dried them off, fed them some warm milk with an eye dropper, they appear to be aprox 6 weeks old, I then put them on a heating pad on low...their temp is warming up now,I put them in my bathroom in a box...what more can I do to help these little babies? They are sleeping right now, laying on heating pad, but seem alittle lethargic, well, just 2 of em...1 kitten seems just fine now...is there anymore I can do? Advice greatly appreciated...If they are still alive in morning, I will take to my vet to have them checked out...but for the time being...suggestions plz

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-29-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up 3 kittens - Well done Dawn !!

Poor kittens.. Thank you for your rescue. This is critical. Your description is pretty much like Lady Fergie when she found me, except for the wet, she was lethargic too and could hardly stand on his weaken legs. I did the same thing, spoon-fed her with milk and human baby food (chicken paste), little by little. But it was early in the afternoon when took her in, so I immediatelly took her to a vet, got checked, given worm medicine and fleas spray (there were fleas all over her body) and the vet said she was badly malnourished (she was about 7 weeks old back then). Then as advised by the vet, I gave her high calorie dietary supplement with ginseng formula (sold exclussively through vets). This is very nutritional, good for quickly restoring weak kitty, or after surgery, and stimulate kitty's appetite. Luckily, her appetite was back very quickly (she enjoyed the milk). I think this is a very good prescription, it took less than 2 weeks for her to improve, till she could really stand and walk. And after another two weeks, she was able to try to climb up the cage, but still sometimes fell or caused accidents like got her paws stucked between the bars and dropped herself head down with only one paw clingged stucked between the bar, and she was crying like hell. The first week was the most critical week. So, you need to let the vet diagnose their condition ASAP.
Oh yes, additionally after I fed her food, I also gave her liquid vitamins with a dropper.

Maybe God wanted to preserve their lives, coz He sent them to someone who would rescue them and care for them (you). I am happy for them to find you. Keep us updated. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-29-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Oh, well done Dawn! In the meantime, when they sleep try to cover them with towels (if they let you) Do you have some Gerber? You can give them. They will love baby food, poor things!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 03-29-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Yes, Maya is right, it's the Gerber thing that can be digested by baby kitten !

Unread 03-29-2009   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Smile Thanks So Much

Well...I went to store and bought some Kitten milk, and eye droppers, and some Gerber chicken meat...I already had some Nutical, so I mixed some up, warmed it, and they ate like lil pigs. They were all up and moving around, and even grooming themselves, so Im hoping this is a good sign. They are all snuggled on the heating pad right now, as their bellies are full, and they are warm. Do I need to help with stimulation for them to urinate and have bowel movements? Or do ya'll think they are old enough? I know mamas do that when they are kittens. I even have one of my mama kitties in there with them, she had a miscarriage about 2 weeks ago, and vet told me i had to wait to send her in to have spayed for a couple weeks....do ya'll think this is ok? She heard them cry and jumped right in there with them....I will keep ya'll posted, and will run them to vet tomorrow...Thanks again everyone !

Dawn
Unread 03-29-2009   #6 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Smile Pics of kittens

I took a pic of the kittens...they still look alittle rough, but they are eating and resting well..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0341.jpg (84.6 KB, 28 views)
Unread 03-29-2009   #7 (permalink)
neko-chan

First of all..
Thanks for saving and feeding them~! YOUR A HEROINE..

Oh yeah.. The white one with the spots looks like my cuddly little Kim..^^

That happened to us too..
In our school.. My classmate found an orange kitten.. We fed it.. We took good care of her (even though it disturbs our class).. We also named her after our section.. Since the name of our section is Br. William.. We named her Williana..^^ We give her milk.. We feed her. And We give her love~! ^__^ But after a week.... Our adviser told us that he doesn't want to miss animals... So we have nothing to do but to leave Williana there outside and wait for her mother to find her.. We did love her.. And we missed her so much...

Hope this story helps you..

Unread 03-29-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up What a progress ! Congrats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLuvCats View Post
Well...I went to store and bought some Kitten milk, and eye droppers, and some Gerber chicken meat...I already had some Nutical, so I mixed some up, warmed it, and they ate like lil pigs. They were all up and moving around, and even grooming themselves, so Im hoping this is a good sign. They are all snuggled on the heating pad right now, as their bellies are full, and they are warm. Do I need to help with stimulation for them to urinate and have bowel movements? Or do ya'll think they are old enough? I know mamas do that when they are kittens. I even have one of my mama kitties in there with them, she had a miscarriage about 2 weeks ago, and vet told me i had to wait to send her in to have spayed for a couple weeks....do ya'll think this is ok? She heard them cry and jumped right in there with them....I will keep ya'll posted, and will run them to vet tomorrow...Thanks again everyone !

Dawn
Hi Dawn, glad to know that the're really making improvements. I can't resist to look at their pix. Each one of them is sooo cute, and it's cute too having the mama kitty to naturally be at their side, this is really a big mental & emotional support, I guess...
As how to stimulate their digestion system, sorry, I didn't do that to all my kitties. But, since they are eating and sleeping well, I think this is a real good sign (especially to know that they are even ALREADY moving around) !
Yes please keep us updated on your progress, especially after the vet visit.

Unread 03-29-2009   #9 (permalink)
Ace_5one0

awww so nice for rescuing!!! im sooo new here im kinda lost on this whole thing!

Unread 03-29-2009   #10 (permalink)
neko-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_5one0 View Post
awww so nice for rescuing!!! im sooo new here im kinda lost on this whole thing!
ahahhah... Well then.. WELCOME~! ^____^

Tags
adopted , adorable , advice , age , antibiotic , baby , beautiful , birds , bowel , box , boy , breed , care , cats , color , crying , cute , eating , eye , eyes , facebook , family , fast , food , found , friends , gift , girl , great , grey , healthy , hey , home , joy , kitten , kitten food , kittens , kitty , lost , love , mat , mistake , moments , morning , moving , needy , new kitten , nice , night , nose , pet food , petsmart , playing , prayers , profile , sleeping , small , smart , story , surgery , upper respiratory , vet

Sponsored Cat Links