It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-03-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

the_november_rain is on a distinguished road
Question Rotating food vs mixing?

I had a question for everyone. I read on another forum of people rotating kibble every 4 months. My breeder on the other hand recommended mixing a few brands together. I was wondering what the pros & cons between the two were. It seemed to me that rotating kibble every 4 months would be hard on the pet even if there was transitioning.

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-03-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Hi !

I don't have any problem with rotatiing food. Sometimes, after a few months I will change their kibble, but everytime I change it, I need to make sure what I give them (safe brands, like Hill's, Choice, Whiskas, Royal Canin.. with complete nutritions) and that it is a gradual transition (so, I'l mix with more and more new kibble)...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-03-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

the_november_rain is on a distinguished road

I guess my question is why not permanently mix kibble brands together, instead of feeding one at a time for a few months then rotating.

Last edited by the_november_rain; 04-03-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-03-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Question Mixing brands

I asked my vet about this last time, and she said, it is fine to combine (mix) 2 brands together, but it is not necessary, for each bag has everything, every nutrition that our cat will need. But if you like it, why not ? Just make sure that those brands you are choosing are reliable and safe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 04-04-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

I always rotate & they always ate the new food without any problem. Mine get bored of the same brand very often.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
breeder , cat , food , hey , nutrition , pet , problem , question , royal , transition , vet

Sponsored Cat Links