It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-06-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

automaton2 is on a distinguished road
Default puberty /food transition

my five month old maine coon Cupido has I think
entered puberty
He had a g/i problem vomiting and diarrhea for a day
and five days of flagyl and pepcid when he was 3 1/2 months
since then hes been on hills i/d
I tried to transition him once to solid gold wet and dry
and he got diarrhea so that was discontinued
Now hes doing great on natural balance duck and pea in combo with the hills
Im afraid hes gotten a little tubby
My next change is going to be his dryfood
Im trying before grain chicken
Anyone use this product Id love to hear about it
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-06-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Hi, your Cupido is fabulous !
Sorry to hear about his sensitive stomach.. However, why do you want to transition him, since he is doing well, just being a little tubby ? I think you can try to let him exercise a little bit, and try also the bowel massage, I used to do it to all my kitties, and this improves their bowel movement (but pls be careful, if they don't like it, you need to stop and try again whenever possible, just don't get bitten..)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-06-2009   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Wow what a beauty.xxxxx
Unread 04-06-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

He's stunning; I love Coons!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 04-06-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

All this changing around of foods can increase his intolerance to certain things and give him a life time of problems. It can also cause finicky behavior. Since you've found a food he does well on, leave him on that.

Oh, and it's about time to be getting him neutered too!
Unread 04-07-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

What a stunning boy, you are so lucky!
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Unread 04-07-2009   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

automaton2 is on a distinguished road
Default thanks for replies

I want him off the hills 2 reasons
the ingredients and the cost
ps hes not too heavy I checked him out last night I am plumper and he is neutered

heres the foods
I started him on 4 kibbles of before grain
so far so good

L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets™ DUCK& GREEN PEA FORMULA
Duck Cat CanDuck, Duck Broth, Duck Liver, Pea Flour, Pea Protein, Salmon Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate, Guar Gum, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Sodium Chloride, Flaxseed, Dried Cranberries, Yucca Schidigera, Carrageenan, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement.

hills i/d feline wet

Water, Pork Liver, Pork By-Products, Chicken, Wheat Flour, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Corn Starch, Brewers Rice, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Powdered Cellulose, Guar Gum, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, DL-Methionine, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Manganous Oxide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Calcium Iodate.

before grain dry
Ingredients: Chicken Deboned, Chicken Meal, Potato Dehydrated, Turkey Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols – a source of Natural Vitamin E), Sweet Potato Dehydrated, Dried Egg, Natural Flavor, Yeast Culture, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lysine, Sea Salt, Alfalfa, Salmon Oil, Choline Chloride, Acai Berry Dried, Blueberry Dried, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Rosemary Extract, Taurine, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Chondroitin Sulfate, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chicory Root, Marigold Extract, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Enterococcus Faecium, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin E Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Amino Acid Complex, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3, Niacin, Lecithin, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Amino Acid Complex, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite.

Last edited by automaton2; 04-07-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Unread 04-07-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

He is really a stunner !
Please track some info on the food's quality here :
Pet Food Ingredients Revealed! page 0 - Introduction

Unread 04-07-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

You may find this link to pet food ingredients quality informative :

Pet Food Ingredients Revealed! page 0 - Introduction

Unread 04-18-2009   #10 (permalink)
kindyroot

Our only one adult cat got her puberty with no problems at all, and without diet change, I suggest that you don't care too much about that, if your cat still liked his/her food, just keep giving it to them

Tags
adult , behavior , birth , black , bombay , bowel , boy , boyfriend , canned food , care , cat , cats , computer , cute , diarrhea , diet , egg , feedback , female , food , found , great , hey , home , informative , introduction , kitten , kittens , kitties , love , lucky , maine coon , natural , night , pet , pet food , problem , problems , question , stop , transition , turkey , video , vomiting , youtube

Sponsored Cat Links