It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-06-2009   #1 (permalink)
AnotherCatHelper

Default Please opinions on injured cat.

Hi,

I have a sick or injured cat here and I do not know what is best to do. She's not my cat. She just comes to visit me at my back door most days. She has what looks to be a wound on one of her back legs. Actually, I noticed that she had this a few weeks ago, but she seemed fine otherwise. But, today she's limping and I don't thing she can climb over the wall to make her way home, so, I decided to take care of her for now.

I enclose three pictures that I took of her leg. I think that the third one might actually be the inside of her leg. I don't know whether she was fighting or if it is some sort of infection or parasite. I would really appreciate all of your opinions. I would take her to a vet, but she's not mine, so I don't know if it is ok to do that or not. Also, I'd prefer not to get on the wrong side of whichever neighbour owns her. She has a collar and up until a few weeks ago she had a medal with a phone number on it, but now that medal is gone, so I'm kind of wondering if her owner doesn't really care any more or not. I fed her tonight and she didn't eat enough to suggest that she isn't being fed.

She's sleeping on a pillow at the moment and I would leave her inside the house after I go to bed, only I'm not sure if she would panic or not if I left her alone. Also, I don't know what when she needs to use the toilet. I have noticed that she often goes in a rectangular shaped elongated gardening pot with compost that I have outside. Maybe if I brought that inside she would use that? Sorry about the length of this and the erratic way in which I wrote it. I'm tired and not really my best. Thanks for reading. Please tell me what you would do in my position.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (22.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (26.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (68.8 KB, 5 views)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-06-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Poor little thing., how good of you to care. Who ever she may have belonged to, they obviously aren't taking care of her. Who cares if someone gets annoyed? Neglecting an animal is against the law most places.

She's probably not eating because she's in pain. By all means take her to the vet, get her well, and adopt her yourself.

bring in the compost she's been using for now, and run out and get her a pan and some litter in the morning. I bet she'll be perfectly happy to stay with you forever. She may never even want to go outside again.

Please let us know what happens.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-07-2009   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Chatty
zhazie meow is on a distinguished road

it looks like it possabley could be an old break that wasnt treated so it could be that in the bone an infection is starting up causeing the poor dear pain, i would take her to the vet then flyer the area with a telephone number and her picture or discription, it would be best not to put your address on just in case the person who owns/used to own her is not a nice person , i wish you the best of luck seems like shes chosen you to be her keeper too x for the time being bring the pot in if u can, if not even newspaper can work for just a night

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--my tribute to my kittys! proud momma to Mizu,pandora,jazzmine,suki,stich and elliot
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

one day cats will rule the world...its best to get in their good books now!

Rainbowbridge: teska And lennon , miss you everyday bubba's xx
Unread 04-07-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Thank you for helping this poor cat ...

Sorry for the late reply.. I would also say : please get her to the vet ASAP ! Of course you probably has taken her to the vet. I agree with Acer's statement : [B]Who ever she may have belonged to, they obviously aren't taking care of her.[/B] Or who knows, maybe she was abandoned because of this wound..??
May God bless you and the work of your helping hand..

Tags
animal , annoyed , care , cat , collar , eating , fighting , happy , hey , home , house , infection , litter , morning , nice , night , not eating , person , picture , pictures , sick , sleeping , vet

Sponsored Cat Links