It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-08-2009   #1 (permalink)
Poisoncupcake

Default Soft Claws?

I got baby Boo some Soft Claw nail caps from Petco recently and I really want to know what everyone else thinks of them. I haven't even taken them out of the package yet. I've been reading reviews for them and mostly they've been good, but a lot of people think declawing is a good way to get your cat not to scratch and that's not something I would want to do to him. Has anyone tried Soft Claws/Soft Paws? I will probably have to wait for him to get a bit bigger before they will fit. From what I have read it doesn't interfere with normal retraction of his nails. I just don't want him to be uncomfortable.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-09-2009   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

I've heard of them, but never used them.

I prefer a squirt bottle of water. It's best to train them not to scratch. This technique has been somewhat effective, but every once in a while someone will have a relapse.

I too am not an advocate of declawing.

If you decide to give them a try, let us know.

And the Bridge Kids...♥♥♥Abbey, TC, Burger, Bella, Cali, Sarah, Hannah, DynahKathryn, Baybee and Puppy♥♥♥
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-09-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

I've heard of them but here are not available

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 04-09-2009   #4 (permalink)
Poisoncupcake

I think I will give them a try sometime soon. Boo hates having his nails trimmed. He literally screams while I'm doing it and I don't like him to be so upset and stressed. I don't cut the quick, I just cut the very tips, and he's fine when we're finished. With the nail caps we can go 30 days with no nail trimming. We'll see how it goes!

Unread 04-09-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Smile

Literally, cats hate nail trimming ! Try to do it when he is asleep, just a few clips each time (see how many you can get each time..LOL..).. then your skill and speed improve..you'll manage more clips when your skill matures.

Unread 04-10-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisoncupcake View Post
I think I will give them a try sometime soon. Boo hates having his nails trimmed. He literally screams while I'm doing it and I don't like him to be so upset and stressed. I don't cut the quick, I just cut the very tips, and he's fine when we're finished. With the nail caps we can go 30 days with no nail trimming. We'll see how it goes!
I wish you good luck & keep us posted

Unread 04-17-2009   #7 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

It's a nice product. The good thing about using it is that it can save your furniture, while allowing the cat to still use that tendon and muscle for jumping, grooming, playing, chasing things etc... without actually scratching and shredding everything.

Unread 04-17-2009   #8 (permalink)
Bailey x3

I think soft claws are a waste of money. Once my husband & I put the nails on my kitten, he had a couple of them chewed off within minutes. The glue that comes in the package was hard as a rock, my husband had to use pliers to get the glue out the first & second time we used it..

Unread 04-17-2009   #9 (permalink)
BadCat

I am a groomer and use soft paws a lot on cats. They are wonderful. They are easy to apply (by the time you get the first paw done you'll be an expert) and, unlike declawing, they are painless. Some people don't realize that declawing is actually amputating part of the toe. It would be like having your finger removed to the first knuckle. I personally think soft paws are a better answer. You can also clip your cats nails. Get him used to it while he is young. This is what I do to Bad Cat.

Unread 04-18-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Question

Well, I'm confused...

Tags
baby , bad cat , books , care , cat , cats , claws , clip , clipping , cut , cute , foster , fur , furniture , grooming , hey , house , jumping , kitten , kitties , money , nails , nice , playing , save , scratch , scratching , soft paws , tips , uncomfortable , upset , water

Sponsored Cat Links