It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-14-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Caki_Nanu is on a distinguished road
Default Fur Loss

I am currently on vacation with my family, and of course i brought my little baby Nanu (who is 5 months old now)
and im beginning to worry about her once again,
She seems to be loosing the fur (it looks like a stripe) from outer corners of her eyes to the beginning of her ears.
I've noticed it just before i left for vacation (which was about 3 weeks ago)
and it doesnt seem to stop. When i pet her it doesn't fall out on my hands nor does it come off if she sleeps near me... but now i can clearly see the 'balding' stripes.
Im not near a location where a vet is available and i plan on returning home in 2 more weeks.
She eats normally (i didn't change her food), her poop is fine, the color and consistency as well...her energy is the same, nothing seems to be different than that bald stripe on both ends of her eyes!
**The only difference is that one of my friends came along and she smokes cigarettes a lot, we share a bedroom and she tends to smoke at least 3 before bed (not to mention the daily intake which is bad for her health)...she doesnt pet Nanu because shes afraid of cats lol...she does keep her distance.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can give me their ideas, thanks so much to those that do!!
Ohh and happy belated Easter to everyone

A cat can purr its way out of anything.- Donna McCrohan
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo Da Vinci
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-14-2009   #2 (permalink)
sealy

i'm sure the cat is having a hard time breathing and rubs it's face to get rid of the smell, cat's olfactory nerves are far too sensitive to handle cigarette smoke overload, open windows, use fans do whatever. would you like to breathe smoke if you didn't smoke??
cats get boogers too and smoke boogers are the worst, whether they are eye or nose or ears, cats get dirty. maybe you should give him a bath. hmm.......

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-14-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Cigarette smoke is very bad for cats. Please ask your friend to smoke outside.

All that smoke is not only going into her tiny little lungs, but it is getting on her fur, so when she washes she is ingesting it.

And as mentioned, it is getting in her eyes , so she is rubbing. And when she rubs, since the smoke is on her fur, she is rubbing even more into her eyes.

Even when your friend is not smoking, the smoke is still there so your poor little baby is breathing and eating nicotine and tar 24 hours a day. I don't mean to sound dramatic, but she is being poisoned.

If your friend is truly your friend she will stop exposing both you and your little furbaby to her poison.
Unread 04-14-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

I totally agree with Sealy & Acer. This has been a horrible "vacation" for your cat... Hope your friend will understand...
I also hope that everything gets better after you return from vacation.

Unread 04-14-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Red face

Poor Nanu, hope he will get well soon. Pls keep us updated.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 04-15-2009   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

Exclamation Hair Loss Pics

First of all i want to thank each and everyone of you that has responded, I completely agree with everyone!!
i did speak to my friend and i told her that i cant jeopardize my cats health for her smoking and that no cigarettes are allowed inside the room, I even showed her what i'm talking about..
I'm posting the links to some of the pics and as you can see in the first one

From the front Nanu looks normal
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...Nanunormal.jpg

The second pic you can see the thinning area
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...i119/Nanu4.jpg

These last 2 links you can COMPLETELY see what im talking about..
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...i119/Nanu1.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...i119/Nanu2.jpg

Based on these pics has anyone else gone through anything similar with their own babies?? if its because of the cigarettes it will go away but if its not, what could it be? like i said before i cant go to a vet for the next few weeks but i want to keep her as healthy as possible...

Thank you everyone )))

Unread 04-15-2009   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

Cool

umm do the links work?? lol
if not ill repost them

Unread 04-15-2009   #8 (permalink)
neko-chan

Belated Happy Easter to you too.^^ Hmm. I have no idea on whats the cause of that... But I hope for you and your Nanu's happiness..^^

Unread 04-15-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caki_Nanu View Post
First of all i want to thank each and everyone of you that has responded, I completely agree with everyone!!
i did speak to my friend and i told her that i cant jeopardize my cats health for her smoking and that no cigarettes are allowed inside the room, I even showed her what i'm talking about..
I'm posting the links to some of the pics and as you can see in the first one

From the front Nanu looks normal
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...Nanunormal.jpg

The second pic you can see the thinning area
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...i119/Nanu4.jpg

These last 2 links you can COMPLETELY see what im talking about..
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...i119/Nanu1.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...i119/Nanu2.jpg

Based on these pics has anyone else gone through anything similar with their own babies?? if its because of the cigarettes it will go away but if its not, what could it be? like i said before i cant go to a vet for the next few weeks but i want to keep her as healthy as possible...

Thank you everyone )))
Seen the photos, aww... she is such an adorable kitty ! Honestly, I think this is caused by stress and the exposure to any kind of allergen, that would cause her to exessively rub that part. No matter what it is, ciggarette smoke is not only bad for her skin coat, it's also poisonous for his little lungs ! If you really can't get to the vet immediately, please make a visit as soon as you return from vacation ! I hope you can really find the reason for her thinning fur. And please keep us updated.
PS: My kitties have light thinning problem too, but it is not that serious, it is still in a normal range. I hope they are fine too...

Last edited by Irene Jims; 04-15-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Unread 04-16-2009   #10 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Update:

Does anybody else believe in destiny as much as i do?? seriously!!. I was outside today and decided to take my furball out with me, i had her on a leash and she was jumping and playing and running. We sit down and i gave her water when this woman sits by me (on the bench) and we start small talk, it turns out SHE'S A VET!...I tell her my concern and she looks at Nanu and tells me not to worry that its something called Facial Alopecia, its a natural process which occurs as a kittens matures. She warns me that for the time being to keep an eye on her, and that as long as she doesnt have lesions or scratching on it Nanu will be fine, she even gave me her card and told me i can make an apt whenever i wanted since it turns out her office is 45 min from my house!!
I am extremely happy at this moment! but regardless im making an apt the first day i return from vacation, i want an official check up with testing if its necessary!
Thanks everyone!!!
Much love <3<3

Tags
animal , art , baby , bath , breathing , breeds , care , cat , cat's , cats , color , eating , eye , eyes , family , food , friends , fur , great , happy , health , hey , home , house , internet , jumping , kittens , links , loss , love , mat , natural , nose , pet , playing , poop , scratching , small , smell , stop , stress , vacation , vet , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links