It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-21-2009   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

pink29 is on a distinguished road
Default help with trixie again!!!!! didnt know where to post

as most of you know my kitten is 7 months old, i have made an appointment with the vet but not till next week as she has been having problems with her skin again, vet said' skin condition is not urgent' but i have to post on here as i am worried about her and i know the cat lovers on here always give good advice.
sorry if im babbling their was nothing on the side of her face today but tonight she has a hole in the siide of her face about the size of a 5p flesh showing bloody and no fur i am very worried about her as i do not know what is wrong wwith her i phoned out of hours and they said is she eating and drinking i said yes and she said just bathe it in water and phone up tommorrow' but as the night has gone on her face has swollen a little but i dont know if it is my mind playing tricks on me, cause a couple of weeks ago the werent particuly bothered about my older cat 'just see how he goes' they said it turned out he had a tumour, am i overly panicking or has anyone else had the poblem.
hope you all can understand my thread as i am trying to get it out quick.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-21-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road
Default Sorry to hear this

Hi Pink, I am sorry to hear about your problem with Trixie. I don't blame you for worrying, but please don't panic. As for not getting an appointment until next week, well, I would insist!! After all you are paying the bill, you should get an appointment when you want one. I'm sure it's nothing too serious, could be a flea allergy (are you worming her and giving her flea drops?) - my Ben had one years ago and had a completely bald patch under his front arm for a while and it was raw too. If it is an allergy it will be itchy as well, so she could have been scratching, hence the blood.

But I would insist on an early appointment with your vet - don't let them fob you off.

Try to keep calm, I understand your fears after what happened last time but I'm sure it's not anything so serious

Take care and keep us posted xx

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-21-2009   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

they said their is nothing free till next and its not urgent, thought maybe it is a flea allergy but shes been treating but maybe i just cant see them i have combed, dropped and shampoo i was reading up about ringwrm they metioned a blacklight any idea what that is??
Unread 04-21-2009   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

its a deep wound on her cheek and lumps under her neck and some scabs and shes in a pretty bad way i have explained this but no one seems to care, im going to take her the vet tommorrow without ringing and show them how sore it looks
Unread 04-21-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink29 View Post
they said their is nothing free till next and its not urgent, thought maybe it is a flea allergy but shes been treating but maybe i just cant see them i have combed, dropped and shampoo i was reading up about ringwrm they metioned a blacklight any idea what that is??
The blacklight test is called the woods test. Shining a black light on certain strains of ringworm fungus will definitely diagnose certain strains but not all, it is not all inclusive.

I recommend you call the vet back and insist on being seen. It is not the receptionist's place to judge emergencies. YOU are the kitten's mama, and YOU know whether she needs medical attention or not.

Your kitten has an injury with swelling that may be an abscess. Abscesses are serious, painful and considered urgent. Say that. Say my kitten has an abscess on her face and is in pain.

You could also call another practice. Receptionists get way above themselves in their protectiveness. It's terrible, but vets don't even know it's happening usually.

One hint. Vet's usually keep slots for emergencies, that the receptionist is not allowed to fill until the morning of the day. so if you don't call back tonight, call first thing in the morning, and don't take no for an answer. Say my kitten has an abscess on her face.

once you get in, if it isn't an abscess, who cares? your kitten needs treatment and no puffed up receptionist has the right to deny her that.
Unread 04-21-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Oh, I'm sorry dear I don't know what that is. I would so exactly what you have said if I were in your shoes and just take her in, it sounds nasty and would count as a priority in my book!!

I do hope you manage to get her diagnosed and treated as soon as possible and try not to worry too much in the meantime xx

Unread 04-21-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
The blacklight test is called the woods test. Shining a black light on certain strains of ringworm fungus will definitely diagnose certain strains but not all, it is not all inclusive.

I recommend you call the vet back and insist on being seen. It is not the receptionist's place to judge emergencies. YOU are the kitten's mama, and YOU know whether she needs medical attention or not.

Your kitten has an injury with swelling that may be an abscess. Abscesses are serious, painful and considered urgent. Say that. Say my kitten has an abscess on her face and is in pain.

You could also call another practice. Receptionists get way above themselves in their protectiveness. It's terrible, but vets don't even know it's happening usually.

One hint. Vet's usually keep slots for emergencies, that the receptionist is not allowed to fill until the morning of the day. so if you don't call back tonight, call first thing in the morning, and don't take no for an answer. Say my kitten has an abscess on her face.

once you get in, if it isn't an abscess, who cares? your kitten needs treatment and no puffed up receptionist has the right to deny her that.
Perfectly put Acer - I was also going to say that vets always have emergency appointments

Unread 04-21-2009   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

ive just gave her a nighttime feed and she has another one omg!
Unread 04-21-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

another sore? I'd pack her in the carrier and bring her over to the vet, right now. stupid receptionists.
Unread 04-21-2009   #10 (permalink)
Cool Cat

yeh thats what i thought 'what if she wakes tommorrow and they have spread all over her face' my poor baby. will update tommorrow takin her in now

Tags
advice , age , allergy , baby , book , calm , care , cat , cat lovers , cats , eating , free , fur , great , hey , kitten , kitty , lovers , medical , morning , night , playing , problem , problems , raw , ringworm , scratching , shoes , sleep , test , tricks , urgent , vet , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links