It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-22-2009   #1 (permalink)
Katarina

Red face Help! My human is trying to poison me!

I have two problems.

A couple of months ago, my human tried to pour some really nasty tasting liquid down my throat, but I wouldn't swallow it. It gave up trying after I scratched and bit. Not long after that, it poured some of the stuff on my kibble. (I'm a kibbletarian.) I refused to eat that aweful stuff, too. Next, it tried to fool me by putting real tuna fish (labeled as humanchow) in my bowl, but that tasted just like the stuff it tried to pour down my throat, so I refused to eat that, too. It ended up feading the tainted tuna to my outdoor neighbor, and she gobbled it up like there was nothing wrong with it. Now, my human has let my kibble dispenser go completely empty except for a mouthful, and it smeared some white paste on the kibble. It looks like the fronsting on a cake, but tastes just like that other poison.

Would someone please tell my human to feed me properly? Be quick; I haven't eaten for three days!

My other problem is that I have ... uh, er ... wor... erm... I mean, WORMS! How can I get rid of these nasty worms?

Note from Katarina's human: Both brands of wormer contain piperazine. The outdoor kitties seem to love it. Maybe I just gave it a bad taste by trying to force feed it. Is there any alternative on the market. I'm desperate because my bed is full of worm eggs; it's just a matter of time before they get into me.

Last edited by Katarina; 04-22-2009 at 04:26 PM.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-22-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road
Default Hi there!

Hi Katarina (and your human, what is her name?)

Well, it's not good when your humans try and fool you is it - you are obviously too smart , but rest assured she is only looking out for you! You better eat soon otherwise you will get real hungry

To Katarina's human - are you able to get Profender where you are? This is what I use on my kits, it's a back of the neck worming treatment the same as Frontline is for fleas. I use it on mine every three months with no problems - oral treatments are a nightmare!!

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-22-2009   #3 (permalink)
Katarina

Default Thanks, Supersmithy!

Profender sounds like a solution to my, er, worm problem. Does this have something to do with the human trying to poison me?

Do humans have names and gender? I think mine is a Tom. It molts every night before standing in the hot rain, and I think I saw a snake thing dangling, once. It's hard to look because humans are so ugly without their fur. I saw a hairless cat on TV once, and it turned my stomach. I don't like that C-word. My human calls me Kati when I'm good; when it thinks I've been nauty, it calls me KAAT!

Note from Katarina's human: I see Profender at Amazon for $12 plus tax & shipping. I'll order it right away. Thanks! I've had no luck with flee killers, except for Advantage, which is 100% effective for a month. Both Profender and Advantage are made by Bayer.

Unread 04-23-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Cool

Hi Kati, I know you've been good today, and I hope you have had enough kibble today, and tomorrow and every day ! Be rest assured that Profender once it arrives and given to you, has nothing to do with your human or any other human trying to poison you... It is just a hard and strict love that sometimes human will force you to accept... I know those hard love things taste nasty, but that will do you good, Kati... please accept this reality !

To Kati's human : Lucky that you can find Profender and decided to place an order. As for me, I have to force my kitties to get them wormed at the vet, right on site, coz I didn't want them struggle and freak out when I'm not ready to handle... although two of mine are considered tiny (abt 3 kg)...I jsut don't have the heart to see them freak out. Keep us updated on how your Kati does with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 04-23-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hi Kati, rest assured that you will not think your human is trying to poison you, if he is giving you a good chin rub you might not even notice when you get "Profendered" and it will rid you of your embarrassing situation (not good for a girl )

Note to Katis human. So glad you could find it! Hopefully you will get on fine with it. I also use Advantage as I like the way any spills dry to a powder. Also - Advantage is a two in one for fleas and roundworm, and Profender does all worms. I queried with my vet whether using both Advantage and Profender could be a bit of overkill but she said it was fine as long as you don't use both on the same day - leave 2 or 3 days in between when you have to worm and flea at the same time. Good luck

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 04-23-2009   #6 (permalink)
Katarina

Wink Hi, Supersmithy

Well, let's try this again; it's the third time today I posted a reply on this board, and it got lost in cyberspace.

Say hi to Pixie & Sasha for me.

I already have Advantage in my medicine chest, but I’ve been flee free since Autumn. Bayer’s website says nothing about Advantage being effective against worms.

You’re vet is right about using only one pesticide at a time, and be sure you don’t use more than the recommended dose. In fact, it’s better to apply half of the recommended dose and wait a day or two to see if there is an adverse reaction before giving the rest of the dose. That goes for flea collars, too. Put the collar on for a few minutes and take it off; don’t put it one again if there is an adverse reaction. It was a flea collar that killed my uncle Alleywishus. That was before I was born; Mom told me that Al was a really handsome long-hair silver tabby with a sweet disposition. My human put the flea collar on him on a hot summer day in Phoenix, AZ, USA. The next day it found him in rigor mortis with a puddle of saliva under his mouth. The allergic reaction must have dehydrated him, and the heat killed him. But you won’t find any cautions on the label because manufacturers would rather kill customers than sales.

Unread 04-24-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Unhappy

Hi Kati, I'm so sorry for your Uncle Alleywishus...I think he was poisoned, coz there was a puddle of saliva under his mouth... that's I think is the symptom of poisoned kitty. So, don't let your human put the collar on you, as I will never use that terrible collar that kills, especiallly when I know that manufacturers would rather kill customers than sales... But Bayer is a reliable drug manufacturer, I don't think they would be too careless not to mention any cautions on the label...
PS : Concats for being flee free for many months... hope flee will never get interested in you again... hehehe..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Irene Jims; 04-24-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Unread 04-24-2009   #8 (permalink)
Katarina

Default Choke, gag, wretch!

As you can see from my altered voice, I'm not feelin' so hot today. Wheeze! So far today, I've left half a dozen little... urrrp... messages on the carpet. Usually, this is my way of reminding the human that the litter box is SUPPOSED to be emtied DAILY instead of MONTHLY!!!! However, I suspect this time it might be poison, like I've been tellin' you guys all along. Before I won the battle of the kibble, the human managed to force several bits of kibble with that poison fronsting on it down my throat. So now... wretch! There I go again. Well, at least I did persuade the human to change out my litter, finally.

P.S.: I guess those missing posts, yesterday, were in limbo; they were just waiting to be either devoured or given a pass by the forum Minotaur. Us newbies gotta go thru that indignity.

Unread 04-24-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Red face

Oh my goodness... poor Kati...how could you stand your human to clean your litter box every month instead of every day ????!!!!
My kittie's box is emptied twice a day !! Good that you finally got your human change your litter box. I have a deal to offer (please keep this just between you and me, don't ever tell your human this), just in case you really can't stand your human's ill habbit, are you interested in coming over and stay with my three musketeers (and please don't tell them too, they'll hate me for giving you this offer), there will be more than enough poison-free kibble here too ...
Sorry, there are too many inexplainable mysteries going on here, I can't give you the answer why your posts kept missing yesterday, as I said, too many odd things happen nowadays... I think it's due to the stress caused by recent global recession that human will do silly things (that's okay if you don't understand this part, your human will do)

Last edited by Irene Jims; 04-24-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Unread 04-24-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Sometimes, I can hardly understand humans...

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
addition , art , bat , birds , book , box , carpet , cat , claws , clean , collar , color , cool , eating , eyes , fish , fleas , found , fur , girl , heat , hey , home , kitties , lazy , litter , litter box , lost , love , mat , missing , nice , night , oops , outdoor , pet , poison , problem , problems , smart , stop , stress , struggle , tabby , type , wild , worry

Sponsored Cat Links