It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-28-2009   #1 (permalink)
cali4ever01

Default Kitten not eating solids

I have an eight ( week old kitten that is not eating solid food. She does not seem interested in it. She is still trying to nurse from her mom but I can tell that her mom can't keep producing that much milk for her. I have tried force feeding her canned kitten food, but she didn't seem to know how to chew. I have given her kitten milk and she steps in it and then looks like she is chewing the milk instead of lapping it up. After she steps in the milk she does not clean herself properly. She is terribly tiny compared to her brother. She was born first, but seems to be the runt of the litter. Is there any advice to help her eat solid food? Should I be worried that she doesn't know how to lick up milk or clean herself? Or am I being an over protective human mom?!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-28-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi, welcome to you, human meowmy, and to your kittens (and also to their feline meowmy) ! I'm Irene. My Lady Fergie used to be very skinny but fortunately, she is interested in food.. But my Princess Tiger is more like your tiny kitten, she had poor appetite too. I've tried all kinds of soft, tender food (oh, she doesn't like kitten milk), I tried to give her Gerber baby food, plain chicken paste, vitamins, soft treats, she's lazy to chew, and very picky... and used to spoon feed her like her meowmy (I've never met her meowmy), even until now, she still keeps this eathing habbit. I also use drops and kitten milk bottle to feed her some water, until now, she enjoys it, she's addicted to it ..lol.. and managed to gain some weight, but she is still tiny, 3 kg for her age (17 months)... What are the names of your kitties ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-28-2009   #3 (permalink)
cali4ever01

Mom's name is Piball. The babies names are Duncan, Scooter, and Third(we couldn't think of a name for him). Third is at a new home now named Tweek.

Unread 04-29-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Hi, those are nice names... Hope Tweek is happy and well taken care of at his new home. How is everything going now ? Are Duncan and Scooter eating well ? Is their meowmy okay ? All the best !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 04-29-2009   #5 (permalink)
cali4ever01

Duncan was the little one that wasn't eating well, but I took your advice and I mixed her wet kitten food with milk and she is eating like a champ. I had to help her eat the first two days and put it on her mouth for her to lick off, but she is learning from her brother, Scooter, and she is eating just fine. Thanks for all of the advice!

Unread 04-29-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Oh great, this is good news, concats!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 04-30-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Congratulations !! She managed to learn finally !!

Tags
advice , babies , baby , care , cats , chewing , clean , eating , food , great , happy , home , kitten , kitten food , kittens , kitties , lazy , litter , new home , nice , not eating , poor appetite , runt , water , weight

Sponsored Cat Links