It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-16-2009   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Yes it is TOO SAD and should NOT happen anywhere anytime to any animal !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-17-2009   #12 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by taydajumper93 View Post
So my new baby was on Iams kitty food when she came. She would just pick at it all day, and it wouldn't be gone by the time I would feed her again. I read alot of bad things about Iams (and the like) dog food, so my dog gets Canidae. She is much better on this, her coat is nice, she doesn't throw up at all anymore, etc. I went to the healthy pet place where I get Shelby's food, and got the kitty food they make, Felidae. I have been gently switching her over to it since Monday, Solo LOVES it! It is always gone by the next feeding. She waits in the office around feeding time and starts eating when I put it in there. What does everyone think about Felidae?
These are two answers I got:

Originally Posted by krzekmaya
Is it good, can try it??

Very good food.

Cookie and Roscoe ate it for a long time. It's a decent food and I loved the easy-to-eat shape. Unfortunately, I let them try Blue Spa Wilderness and Blue Spa Select and they refused to go back to Felidae.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-17-2009   #13 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

I am horrified, I can't believe I never heard of this before. I have never given any of my cats Iams luckily and never will. I will pass on the word.

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 05-18-2009   #14 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Angry

This is more than awful & MUST BE STOPPED!!!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 05-19-2009   #15 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Stressed
Ceri Cat is on a distinguished road

I feed Susan on Purina Supercoat - Kitten which I know is from a company that does animal testing but all my choices are either from Nestlé or Mars Inc. No choice at all in other words.
Unread 05-19-2009   #16 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

How is Royal Canin then? Are they supporting animal testing as well?
Unread 05-19-2009   #17 (permalink)
Top Cat

Royal Canin is produced by Mars Inc under their Masterfoods label I believe though it's possible it's the Pedigree label.
Unread 05-19-2009   #18 (permalink)
vampyra1

Oh my. I wasn't aware that so many of you didn't know about the animal testing here in the states. a lot of the supermarket brands do animal testing. Brands to stay away from if you are against animal testing:

Iams and Eukanuba by Proctor and Gamble
Hills Science Diet by Palmolive

The UK unfortunately has the majority of catfood brands by Mars and Nestle that both test their products on animals and have unethical treatment practices. Alpo, Bonio, Felix, Go Cat, Gourmet,
Omega Complete, Proplan, Spillers, Vital Balance, WinalotBounce, Cesar, Chappie, Frolic, James Wellbeloved, Katkins,
Kitekat, Pal, Pedigree Chum, Royal Canin, Sheba,
Techni-cal (US & Canada), Whiskas.

You can read more at this website: Uncaged Campaigns: Pet food and animal testing

Its kind of hard to avoid in the UK. But honestly, anything is better than the Iams labs.

Unread 05-19-2009   #19 (permalink)
Top Cat

I think I've found an alternative at least here in Australia, a locally manufactured cat food which doesn't come up on any lists like Uncaged's, however that's worthless for people in the UK & EU. Means I have to walk half an hour out of town however as the only place selling it is in the development out past the Golden Guitar.
Unread 05-21-2009   #20 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

I really can't make up my mind now, coz too many brands do animal testing ... hopefully I can find some brands here that don't support animal testing !

Tags
animal , another cat , baby , boy , car , care , cat , cat food , cats , diet , dog , dogs , eating , food , found , great , happy , healthy , hey , kitten , kitty , legal , lucky , mat , moving , natural , nice , nutrition , orijen , pet , pet food , pictures , present , raw , royal , sad , test , video

Sponsored Cat Links