It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Cool
Terri is on a distinguished road
Send a message via twitter to Terri
Default Stroke

My Rosie had a minor stroke this morning. It scared the heck outta me, I didn't know what was going on! She was laying on her side like she usually does when I pet her. I got up to go to the kitchen and looked over at her (expecting her to follow me as usual), her right ear was flat against her head, both right legs were curled up, and her tail was off to one side. When she did manage to get up it was like she couldn't stand straight so she sat back and just kind of looked at me. After a minute or so she got up and followed me slowly. It didn't even dawn on me that cats could have strokes! Right afterward I looked it up online, on like a million different websites, and yep she had a stroke. I hope she doesn't have more! I dont know what could have caused it either! I'm so worried, I'm watching her constantly now!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-27-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Oh Terri !! That's horrible !! I even didn't know that cats can have stroke either !!
Poor Rosie... i know how shocked you were...
However, just like human (I assume) stroke can be fatal too. Please take her to the vet ASAP, to prevent something worse to happen to her. Prevention is always better than cure, and I think she needs some med. by now, or at least food control (like human ?).
Please keep us update after your vet visit.
My prayer goes out to you and Rosie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-27-2009   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Stressed
Ceri Cat is on a distinguished road

Strokes are caused by a multitude of things, and the causes are the same for pets as for humans. Definitely get her to the vet to determine the cause, there is a random chance of getting a stroke for nearly anyone so it might not be any fault of yours or hers, but the biggest problem is once you've had one more are on the way.
Unread 05-27-2009   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Cool
Terri is on a distinguished road
Send a message via twitter to Terri

Okay I'll do that then, thanks.
Unread 05-27-2009   #5 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Stressed
Ceri Cat is on a distinguished road

Strokes and heart attacks are just those sorts of things that once the first has come there'll be more until you are no more without treatment sometimes proper treatment will stop a new episode. I'd definitely get her checked out just to see if she's suffered any form of impairment you haven't noticed, side effects of stroke include disrupting bladder control, vision impairment, motor functions, tactile sensation, hearing. *sighs* I hope she'll be alright and with you until she's had a full life.
Unread 05-27-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

Poor Rosie, I do hope that she will be alright, please let us know how she is.
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Unread 05-27-2009   #7 (permalink)
abbie1234

poor rosie, hope she will be better soon, please keep me updated with what is happening

Unread 05-27-2009   #8 (permalink)
Catie

Default Strokes in cats

Kitties absolutely have strokes. You need to go to the Vet ER just like you would with a human! They are treatable but you must do something or you will lose her to another one soon

Unread 05-27-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi Catie, welcome ! It's a good advice you're giving. I'm Irene, proudly owned by 3 fur-babies. Please introduce your kitties to us, and post some pictures for the world to see !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 05-27-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Did you go to the vet now? I hope she'll be okay. I think I'd panic in your situation. Poor little Rosie

I wish you all the best!

Tags
advice , attack , babies , black , bladder , cat , cats , color , eye , food , fur , happy , hey , joke , kitties , lost , morning , pet , pictures , print , problem , problems , sad , scared , stop , stories , vet

Sponsored Cat Links