It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-28-2009   #1 (permalink)
raizens

Default Cat sick?

Hi

I am a bit desperate. My cat is about 4 months old and is an angel. Our whold family loves him (even hubby and he hates cats lol) Tonight tho he was fine n playful like normal. my youngest daughter put him in my other daughters b-room(where his box is and he sleeps) then about 1.5 hrs later I go in there and he is sick. Cant seem to get up on hind legs to walk.. had diarrhea and it was on himself ( he is such a clean cat) confused acting.. he dont seem to hurt tho.. like when we picked him up. but he arches his back alot.. throwing his head back as far as he can. A neighbor said might be worms. Sudden onset would cause symptoms like this. So i gave him worm meds. Now my daughter is sitting and holding him like a baby and it breaks my heart. I cant afford to take him to the vet. Any thoughts on what this could be?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-28-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Welcome and I am sorry about your cat.

I know you said you couldn't afford to take him to the vet, but I think you should. When you take in an animal you need to be prepared for health issues and spaying/neutering them, aslo their vaccinations which a kitten needs twice. It's wise to put some money aside when deciding to provide for an animal.

I don't know what else advice I can give you. I'd take him to the vet. If he has some health issues and need medical treatment a forum can't help him. The vet has medications.
Unread 05-28-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

I can imagine how heartbreaking it is for you to see your little angel suffer... but I also have to agree with Katrine, you need to take your kitten to the vet immediately, before something worse can happen to him. 4 months old is very young, his immune system is very weak, so he definetely needs to be seen by a vet. How to determine if a cat needs to be seen by a vet :

I: If the cat is having a seizure.
II: You think it has ingested something toxic.
III: Has trouble urinating.
IV: Shows sign of extreme pain, shaking or collapses.
V: Loss of appetite.
VI: Trouble walking.
VII: Bouts of diarrhea and vomiting.

However, hope you have already taken him to the vet by the time you see my post. I'll remember him in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-28-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

If one of your kids were sick, won't you take him/her to the doctor?
This is exactly the same case: you have a kitty & he's part of the family.
Can afford or not, YOU MUST TAKE HIM TO THE VET IMM, IT CAN BE A SERIOUS ISSUE; SO HURRY UP!
Thank you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 06-08-2009   #5 (permalink)
amer

If it gets sick as in hacks up an occasional hairball, you clean it up and move on. If your cat is showing ongoing symptoms, is lethargic, isn't eating, or other types of sickness than it is time to take her into for a trip to your vet. Without a more specific question, it is difficult to say.

i totally agree with Vet!

Tags
advice , animal , baby , box , cat , cat needs , cats , clean , diarrhea , eating , family , health , hurt , kitten , kitty , loss , medical , money , neutering , prayers , question , sick , sickness , sudden onset , thoughts , vet , vomiting

Sponsored Cat Links