It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-31-2009   #1 (permalink)
dockim328

Question Flies in my Cat Food

Hi! I am a new kitten owner struggling to take care of 6 kittens. When they were 4 weeks old they were abandoned by their mother in my flower bed. My husband and I started giving them kitten milk and they are now 8 weeks old and eating canned cat food with a little dry food mixed in. I'm trying to get them on all dry food as we travel alot. We are down to 4 kittens as we gave 2 away and will probably give another 2 away soon. They have stayed outside since birth and we feed them under the carport but have noticed some problems. One, other animals including cats and raccoons are eating the food. the other is Flies! I tried picking the cat food up when they are not eating but the minute I put it back, the flies are back. Any ideas?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-31-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hi and welcome! The only thing I can suggest is to put the food down at set times and remove it at a set time afterwards. After a while they will know that if they don't eat immediately then the food disappears so they will hopefully tuck in as soon as you put it down. Good luck and well done for looking out for them

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
birth , care , cat , cat food , cats , dry , dry food , eating , food , hey , kitten , kittens , new kitten , not eating , problems , travel

Sponsored Cat Links