It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-03-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

alva_crept is on a distinguished road
Question Different Meow

hello!!

hopefully a quick and easy question

my oldest kitty is as playful and snuggily as ever. everything seems to be 100% fine w/ him. however, just today - i noticed that he meowed and it sounded different than normal. not raspy.. just a bit deeper. he's not much of meower.. so its going to be a little bit before i can tell if its "permanent" or if it was just his first "meow" of the day so he had his "sleepy voice" but i didn't know if this could just be something that happens.. or if its possibly something i need to be concerned about.

in the last month, i did get a new kitty.. and she has a naturally raspy little meow.. is it possibly that he could have started to "mock" her? just curious.

any ideas would be appreciated - thanks!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-03-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

When mine does that, she usually has a hairball problem. That's all I can think of. Does it sound like he has trouble breathing?

Last edited by KatrineA; 06-03-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-03-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi Shelly ! I hope it has something to do with their personalities, and for cats it's the way of communicating their needs,and in my own experience, their meowing patterns actually DO change. For your six month old baby, meowing seems easy, coz she's more easy going, just like with my Princess who is very vocal, she actually can have "conversations" with me. But it is also a bit unusual for my Lady, she used to meow more when she was younger, coz she demanded more attention (just like your baby), but now she would only meow when she sees me with her canned food.
So please pay attention if your adult needs anything else that you don't notice, and observe his meowing pattern. Please keep us updated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 06-04-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Smile

I think he's growing up
Mine also meow in different manners, don't think it's something serious.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 06-04-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
I think he's growing up
Mine also meow in different manners, don't think it's something serious.
Hehe, just like a teen boy, his voice is beginning to crack
Unread 06-04-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Funny but possible!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 06-04-2009   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

alva_crept is on a distinguished road

hee hee.. thanks guys - i dont know if it was a fluke.. or if i just jumped the gun he still is acting fine and his meow seems "normal". maybe it was his first meow of the day and it was a little froggy like us humans, lol
Unread 06-04-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alva_crept View Post
hee hee.. thanks guys - i dont know if it was a fluke.. or if i just jumped the gun he still is acting fine and his meow seems "normal". maybe it was his first meow of the day and it was a little froggy like us humans, lol
Oh yes, that's very possible. Happens to my cat all the time It's funny to look at too, coz she usually struggles keeping her eyes open when she has that voice. But she insists on telling me something. Sleepy kitty.
Unread 06-04-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

That's interesting, Shelly !
I still suggest that you keep record on their meowing patterns as they grow. Maybe you can let us know how strange (interesting) it will be. Their meowing patterns Do change.

Unread 06-05-2009   #10 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
Hehe, just like a teen boy, his voice is beginning to crack
I guess I must observe my Kero...
Maybe there is a changes in his voice...
He's a teen now...

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."

Tags
adult , baby , boy , breathing , canned food , cat , cats , eyes , food , fun , funny , hey , interesting , kitty , meow , meowing , problem , question , vocal

Sponsored Cat Links