It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-06-2009   #1 (permalink)
gbald83

Default Kitten Shots

Im not sure if my kitten has gotten any shots ever. My question.. Should I give her some? I don't know if it would hurt her to give them to her if she already had them. I know that she has to have the rabies in order to be on an Army Post.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-06-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

We had this same issue when we adopted our 2 kittens. Cami was 6 months and Dante was 8 months when we adopted them, both previously had owners. Our vet told us it was okay to do their vaccinations, we just had to keep an eye on them pretty closely to check for reactions...which Cami had, bad vomiting in reaction to her FLV vaccination. Other then that, both kits are fine. Talk to your vet, explain that your kit had a rabies shot (hopefully you have paperwork proving this?) ask the vet's opinion on giving the rest of the required vaccinations. I am sure your kit will be fine
Unread 06-07-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Question

Hi & welcome!

Did you adopt her from a shelter? Had previous owners? If yes, someone needs to know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-07-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi ! Welcome to you and your kitten ! Thank you for adopting her and taking a good care of her. God bless you !
What's her name ? Any picture ?
Please keep us updated after the vet visit (vaccination & other procedures completed).
See you around !

Unread 06-07-2009   #5 (permalink)
gbald83

On my earlier post. I was saying I need to make sure she has her rabies shot. I dont know if she has that either. The people who had her before us said she just came to their doorstep one day. They thought of keeping her but can't because we have a pet limit on post. They already have pets and would max that limit. So we thought we would give it a try. We already have one cat, and love cats. She is very healthy looking. Has a really nice shiney coat. I hope she works out for us. It really depends on our other cat. If she becomes less of a people cat because of the new addition then the trial failed. However so far it doesnt look like thats an issue cuz she hates the little girl. Also we named her Esma (Ez-may).

Unread 06-07-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I think it will be nothing, but positive to have another cat. Two cats will have so much more fun and activity than one cat. It can be difficult for them to adjust in the beginning, but these things usually work out fine. Just be patient. I think both of your cats will be looking for attention for you, but they'll probably also love to play together, which is great!
Unread 06-07-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Hi ! I asked my vet about your situation. The vet recalled my Earl Blue used to be a lost kitty once belonged to someone, when I fostered him, he was about 8 weeks old. The vet confirmed it was okay to give him another vaccination set and rabies shot. So we did, but as Crystal said, we need to keep an her for reactions.
Give Esma furry hugs and kisses from me and my Gangs ! Please keep us updated.

Unread 06-07-2009   #8 (permalink)
gbald83

Thanks everyone for your replies. Looks like I'm going to give her some shots. We got her from the neighbor that lives behind us. They said they didn't know about the shots. I guess they just got her recently too. I will get some pics up as soon as I get them.

Unread 06-07-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Can't wait to see her pictures.
Good luck at the vet, I believe Esma will be one of the most spoilt kitties, like all our kitties.
Just keep us updated and see you around !

Last edited by Irene Jims; 06-08-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Unread 06-08-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Yep, we all want to see pix

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
addition , adopted , another cat , care , cat , cats , eye , fun , girl , great , healthy , hey , hurt , kitten , kittens , kitties , kitty , lost , love , nice , opinion , pet , picture , pictures , play , question , rabies , shelter , vet , vomiting

Sponsored Cat Links