It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-02-2009   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

I was feeding Meow Mix, until I noticed Cami throwing it up everyday within 20 minutes of eating it.
I now feed my kits Purina Healthy Life, a 1/2 cup twice a day. For breakfast they get one 1/2 spoonful of Friskies canned mixed in. I used to give them the canned wet food twice a day with the dry, but I noticed that I had to clean the litter box a bit too much after!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-02-2009   #12 (permalink)
Tonka

Katrine -- I just got Tonka on Sunday -- I'm really excited/anxious, I am a first time cat "owner". I've spent almost all my free time at work researching cat food brands, comparing and contrasting, asking on forums... it's really crazy, my bf says I've become "one of those scary cat ladies" --- it's so true, he's my baby! haha!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-02-2009   #13 (permalink)
Tonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
Wow, you know a lot, Emily! Great post!I think it's great you mix both wet and dry food and control the amounts given
I just got Tonka on Sunday ( 6-28 ) -- I'm a first time cat owner, and just like a first time parent I've been going out of my MIND researching what is "best" for my baby... my boyfriend was like "oh my god!" hahaha So really, I've just learned all of this within the past few days, and I'm still learning!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-02-2009   #14 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
I just got Tonka on Sunday ( 6-28 ) -- I'm a first time cat owner, and just like a first time parent I've been going out of my MIND researching what is "best" for my baby... my boyfriend was like "oh my god!" hahaha So really, I've just learned all of this within the past few days, and I'm still learning!!!
Haha, it's the right thing to do though. I'm also very concious about how much my kitty eats and what she eats. She eats mostly dry food and wet food in weekends, but she drinks plenty of water I also give her fish oil- thanks to Irene and Acerit
I think more cat owners should start giving their kitties high quality food (like Royal Canine, Hill's and Wellness), regardless of the price tag. They are our babies and desserve the best
Unread 07-02-2009   #15 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Great job, first time parent !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
Just like your boy friend said, I will also say : "Oh my goodness, Emily ! "

Keep doing your research, I'm sure as you share, we'll all benefit from you !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-04-2009   #16 (permalink)
vampyra1

Wink

All cats like different things and there are many good brands of catfood out there. I swear by a raw diet though. I've only had Sabotage for about 3 months or so. At first he was on wet AND dry diet. He was eating Newman's Own organic wet, Natural Balance wet, Wellness dry, and Newman's own dry. I knew that there were healthier alternatives to grocery store cat food before I had him because I was an active member of PETA. Most supermarket cat food brands test on animals (IAMS is the worst... check out IamsCruelty.com).

Since I've found this forum, I have switched Sabo to a raw diet. It is what is closest to what cats eat in the wild and he has thrived on it (coat is so shiny!) I buy a vitamin product called TC Insticts online and mix it with fresh ground turkey or chicken and supplement with fish occasionally. I do feed him canned wet when I am in a pinch though and wellness or newman's own dry food to snack on for days when I know I'll be home late.

Unread 07-04-2009   #17 (permalink)
Tonka

It's cool that "Sabo" has thrived on a raw diet. I've heard mixed things about giving cats fish.
I also think if you're going to feed your cat commercial food (Wellness and NB aren't exactly "supermarket" brand catfoods - yes, they're sold at Petco, and perhaps other places, but when I think "supermarket" brands, I tend to think of the store-brands, or things like Friskies, Whiskas, etc which are very low-quality) -- Newman's, NB & Wellness are high-quality in comparison to these brands, although perhaps not as good as a raw diet.

Animal food that is tested on animals isn't a big priority for me. I have a problem when BLEACH and things that animals are not supposed to be using is tested on animals. I want to make sure my cat is eating well and that it is approved and healthy for cats.

Unread 07-04-2009   #18 (permalink)
Tonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyra1 View Post
All cats like different things and there are many good brands of catfood out there. I swear by a raw diet though. I've only had Sabotage for about 3 months or so. At first he was on wet AND dry diet. He was eating Newman's Own organic wet, Natural Balance wet, Wellness dry, and Newman's own dry. I knew that there were healthier alternatives to grocery store cat food before I had him because I was an active member of PETA. Most supermarket cat food brands test on animals (IAMS is the worst... check out IamsCruelty.com).

Since I've found this forum, I have switched Sabo to a raw diet. It is what is closest to what cats eat in the wild and he has thrived on it (coat is so shiny!) I buy a vitamin product called TC Insticts online and mix it with fresh ground turkey or chicken and supplement with fish occasionally. I do feed him canned wet when I am in a pinch though and wellness or newman's own dry food to snack on for days when I know I'll be home late.
Wellness, NB and Newman's aren't quite as bad as some of the other real "supermarket" brands. In fact, in comparison, they're quite high-quality. Raw might be best, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at those high-quality commercial foods. It's far better from an all-dry corn/gluten diet.

Unread 07-04-2009   #19 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Exclamation

We feed our cats: Life's Abundance

and recommend it to our friends. It is more expensive that store bought brands, but we found it to be better and safer for sure (not in the recall, etc.)

Here is a blurb about it:

"Life’s Abundance Premium Health Food is made with select ingredients, including a delectable blend of high quality chicken, catfish and turkey meals, wholesome grains, omega fatty acids and much more. We never use corn or wheat products, and we never use artificial flavors or colors. With Life’s Abundance, you can be confident that you are feeding your cat advanced nutrition"

It is worth checking out. We also have found that cat's eat less and is more wholesome and filling.

Life's Abundance
Unread 07-04-2009   #20 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Question

Thank you but didn't see it here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
addition , adult , age , animal , another cat , baby , bills , black , bladder , box , boyfriend , breeding , brown , car , care , cat , cat food , cat's , cats , clean , crazy , cut , diet , discount , dogs , dry , dry food , eating , egg , eyes , facts , fiber , fish , food , found , free , friends , fur , great , growth , health , healthy , hey , home , interesting , internet , links , litter , maine coon , male , mat , natural , not eating , nutrition , obesity , opinion , orijen , overweight , ownership , pet food , present , problems , raw , royal , save , scary , senior , shelter , sick , small , test , turkey , type , water , wet food , wild , worry

Sponsored Cat Links