It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-04-2009   #21 (permalink)
vampyra1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
It's cool that "Sabo" has thrived on a raw diet. I've heard mixed things about giving cats fish.
I also think if you're going to feed your cat commercial food (Wellness and NB aren't exactly "supermarket" brand catfoods - yes, they're sold at Petco, and perhaps other places, but when I think "supermarket" brands, I tend to think of the store-brands, or things like Friskies, Whiskas, etc which are very low-quality) -- Newman's, NB & Wellness are high-quality in comparison to these brands, although perhaps not as good as a raw diet.

Animal food that is tested on animals isn't a big priority for me. I have a problem when BLEACH and things that animals are not supposed to be using is tested on animals. I want to make sure my cat is eating well and that it is approved and healthy for cats.
I hope you change your mind about buying animal food that has been tested on animals. A very popular experiment is chopping of a chunk of the animal's body after the animal has eaten the food to see what his tissue looks like. They do not clean or sew up the wounds of these poor animals and most of the animals die in their cages after a few days.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-04-2009   #22 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
It's cool that "Sabo" has thrived on a raw diet. I've heard mixed things about giving cats fish.
I also think if you're going to feed your cat commercial food (Wellness and NB aren't exactly "supermarket" brand catfoods - yes, they're sold at Petco, and perhaps other places, but when I think "supermarket" brands, I tend to think of the store-brands, or things like Friskies, Whiskas, etc which are very low-quality) -- Newman's, NB & Wellness are high-quality in comparison to these brands, although perhaps not as good as a raw diet.

Animal food that is tested on animals isn't a big priority for me. I have a problem when BLEACH and things that animals are not supposed to be using is tested on animals. I want to make sure my cat is eating well and that it is approved and healthy for cats.
Purina is not really listed as high quality, but it's what my cats will eat, especially Cami. I'd love to feed them high-quality, top of the line food, but I can't justify the prices of most of them around my town. If my cats are eating well, happy, and healthy, that's what matters most to me.
Unread 07-05-2009   #23 (permalink)
vampyra1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
Haha, it's the right thing to do though. I'm also very concious about how much my kitty eats and what she eats. She eats mostly dry food and wet food in weekends, but she drinks plenty of water I also give her fish oil- thanks to Irene and Acerit
I think more cat owners should start giving their kitties high quality food (like Royal Canine, Hill's and Wellness), regardless of the price tag. They are our babies and desserve the best
hey katerina! curious, do your kitties just drink up the fish oil or do you mix it into something? how much do you give? and i LOVE WELLNESS (dry)! i leave some out for sabo sometimes for snacking.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-05-2009   #24 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyra1 View Post
hey katerina! curious, do your kitties just drink up the fish oil or do you mix it into something? how much do you give? and i LOVE WELLNESS (dry)! i leave some out for sabo sometimes for snacking.
I give them Omega 3 fish oil, mixed in their wet food, twice a week. Only when I think their coat is not pretty enough, I will increase to at least three times a week. I just prick the capsule with a needle and squeeze the oil out. I remember Anastasia also can lick it directly (not with food - Katrine eventually found out when she spilled it on the floor).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-07-2009   #25 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
I give them Omega 3 fish oil, mixed in their wet food, twice a week. Only when I think their coat is not pretty enough, I will increase to at least three times a week. I just prick the capsule with a needle and squeeze the oil out. I remember Anastasia also can lick it directly (not with food - Katrine eventually found out when she spilled it on the floor).
Hee hee, yes she did! I usually do mix it with her dry food, actually. Takes less time She's also licks it straight from the capsule when I hold it.
Unread 07-07-2009   #26 (permalink)
vampyra1

aw, i can just see your kitty just licking it off the floor. cute and gross at the same time!

Unread 07-08-2009   #27 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyra1 View Post
aw, i can just see your kitty just licking it off the floor. cute and gross at the same time!
Better than when you have to beg them to eat, even with their favorite wet food...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-12-2009   #28 (permalink)
Cool Cat

PantherPride is on a distinguished road

In gen Raw is the best,but not realistic or safe for everyone. I personally have gotten sick from it.

Innova EVO, Wellness,Instincts,Natures logic, orijen is what we feed.

I think the supermarket brands are terrible why even have a pet if your feeding it like that? wouldn't the money be better spent on gardening?.
Unread 08-12-2009   #29 (permalink)
Kitten

automaton2 is on a distinguished road
Default Cupido eats this

Hi
I feed my 7.5 lb maine coon one can a day of natural balance duck and pea
for an afternoon snack he gets dry before grain and wysong nurture w pheasant 1 tablespoon of each

INGREDIENT LISTING NB
Duck, Duck Broth, Duck Liver, Pea Flour, Pea Protein, Salmon Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate, Guar Gum, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Sodium Chloride, Flaxseed, Dried Cranberries, Yucca Schidigera, Carrageenan, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement.

before grain chicken dry
Ingredients:
Chicken Deboned, Chicken Meal, Potato Dehydrated, Turkey Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols - a source of Natural Vitamin E), Sweet Potato Dehydrated, Dried Egg, Natural Flavor, Yeast Culture, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lysine, Sea Salt, Alfalfa, Salmon Oil, Choline Chloride, Acai Berry Dried, Blueberry Dried, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Rosemary Extract, Taurine, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Chondroitin Sulfate, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chicory Root, Marigold Extract, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Enterococcus Faecium, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin E Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Amino Acid Complex, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3, Niacin, Lecithin, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Amino Acid Complex, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite.

Guaranteed Analysis %:
Crude Protein (min) 36
Crude Fat (min) 18
Moisture (max) 11
Ash (max) 7
Crude Fiber (max) 3

wysong
Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Giblets, Pheasant, Poultry Fat, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Oat Groats, Whole Egg, DL-Methionine, Salt, Taurine, Lecithin, Citric Acid, Coconut, Sage Extract, Rosemary Extract, Dried Kelp, Garlic, Black Pepper, Artichoke, Dried Bacillus suhtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Produ|ct, Dried Lactobacillus lactis Fermentation Product, Dried Yeast Culture, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Product, Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement.
Unread 08-12-2009   #30 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPride View Post
In gen Raw is the best,but not realistic or safe for everyone. I personally have gotten sick from it.

Innova EVO, Wellness,Instincts,Natures logic, orijen is what we feed.

I think the supermarket brands are terrible why even have a pet if your feeding it like that? wouldn't the money be better spent on gardening?.
I buy what my cats will eat. If you saw some of the prices for cat food here in my town, you would buy the supermarket brands as well! Innova is $40 a 5lb bag! Seriously, that is ridiculous.
You can rant on and on about the damn foods you keep listing IN EVERY POST YOU MAKE, but they are pretty pricey, and not everyone can afford it.

Tags
addition , adult , age , animal , another cat , baby , bills , black , bladder , box , boyfriend , breeding , brown , car , care , cat , cat food , cat's , cats , clean , crazy , cut , diet , discount , dogs , dry , dry food , eating , egg , eyes , facts , fiber , fish , food , found , free , friends , fur , great , growth , health , healthy , hey , home , interesting , internet , links , litter , maine coon , male , mat , natural , not eating , nutrition , obesity , opinion , orijen , overweight , ownership , pet food , present , problems , raw , royal , save , scary , senior , shelter , sick , small , test , turkey , type , water , wet food , wild , worry

Sponsored Cat Links