It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-12-2009   #31 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

That is kind of expensive. We're considered to live in an expensive country, everything here costs a lot, but our salaries are okay (I'm still a poor student though ).

I pay around 70 $ for a 5kg/11lbs bag of Royal Canine.
I only give her 31 oz/90 grams a day, as recommended. So it lasts for a long time. I'm good at not giving in to her when it comes to everything, except from her waking me up early and her wanting me to fill up the faucet with water, that is.

I've become a freak about quality food too, but I don't advertise it as much. I just make sure my own kitty gets the best. When I visited a friend of mine and took her with me, I made sure she didn't eat any of their Whiskas food and I fed her Royal Canine. That was hard doing without insulting them though, hehe.

I was walking past the cat aisle in the grocery store today and a friend kept telling me I should buy my kitty some Whiskas wet food, coz that's what her family cat likes. But I already stocked up on RC portion wet food bags and Hill's. They cost like 2 $ each, but I only give them to her twice a week. That would be two bags a week.

I did give her some Purina Catstix when teaching her to roll over though, she loveeees them!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-12-2009   #32 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

$70 for 11lbs? Yow.
We get Purina Healthy Life, 5lb bag for around $10 a bag. It lasts about a month, feeding 2 cats (total 1/2 cup per day, per cat).
Our dog gets a healthy weight prescription diet (I forget the name at the moment), her's cost only $20, for a 40lb bag! I wish I could get that great of a deal on my cat food
Unread 08-13-2009   #33 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

The new brand I just tried to switch, Solution holistic costs around $ 13 per 1.5 kg pack. Royal Canin 2kg (Fresh Pack) costs around $17.50.

Katrine, if you buy that big bag of 11lbs and only give Anastasia 90 gr a day, that will lasts almost a month ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-13-2009   #34 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I do live in an expensive country, so I think you'd even find our fruits and vegetables expensive here, as I remember an aunt of mine went to the states and she told me the prices of fruits there, then I was all "wow, how cheap!"

Irene, it lasts for over 2 months actually I give her almost half the amount twice a week though, the days I feed her the wet food We've got the Holistic brand here as well, it's a new one here I think. I'll check the price on it next time I go to the pet shop.
Unread 08-13-2009   #35 (permalink)
Kitten

automaton2 is on a distinguished road
Default sorry for redundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamiDante View Post
I buy what my cats will eat. If you saw some of the prices for cat food here in my town, you would buy the supermarket brands as well! Innova is $40 a 5lb bag! Seriously, that is ridiculous.
You can rant on and on about the damn foods you keep listing IN EVERY POST YOU MAKE, but they are pretty pricey, and not everyone can afford it.
I am disabled and spend a lot on my kitty anyhow
sorry to be repetetive
thanks for negative energy
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-14-2009   #36 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
I do live in an expensive country, so I think you'd even find our fruits and vegetables expensive here, as I remember an aunt of mine went to the states and she told me the prices of fruits there, then I was all "wow, how cheap!"

Irene, it lasts for over 2 months actually I give her almost half the amount twice a week though, the days I feed her the wet food We've got the Holistic brand here as well, it's a new one here I think. I'll check the price on it next time I go to the pet shop.
Yeah, please, check the price for me, I am curious too .... thanks in advance !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 08-16-2009   #37 (permalink)
Cool Cat

PantherPride is on a distinguished road

In my area its much lower then that. Innova EVO 15.7 lbs is $38 at Pet land.

I buy around $70 worth of food to feed 4 cats per month 2 are mine and 2 are my parents
Unread 08-16-2009   #38 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
Yeah, please, check the price for me, I am curious too .... thanks in advance !
I will try to check it tomorrow. I hope I remember!
Unread 08-16-2009   #39 (permalink)
Cool Cat

PantherPride is on a distinguished road

It depends on where you shop Pet land has the best deals around here. Most of the foods I preach are not cheap but if theres a will there's a way.

For instance If I leave cats with parents, instead of taking them with into a group home Dad said he'd Split pet food costs, meaning I'd pay $40 and they would pay $40 sense half of those cats, 2 are theirs.
Unread 08-19-2009   #40 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Hey Irene, I checked out one type of Holistic food, I dunno which one it was, coz I was in a hurry today. It may have been a kitten type. It cost 42 $ for 2 kg/4.4lbs. I am considering starting on that brand when she's an adult, but RC has a Maine Coon type, so maybe I can use half a cup of each or something.

Tags
addition , adult , age , animal , another cat , baby , bills , black , bladder , box , boyfriend , breeding , brown , car , care , cat , cat food , cat's , cats , clean , crazy , cut , diet , discount , dogs , dry , dry food , eating , egg , eyes , facts , fiber , fish , food , found , free , friends , fur , great , growth , health , healthy , hey , home , interesting , internet , links , litter , maine coon , male , mat , natural , not eating , nutrition , obesity , opinion , orijen , overweight , ownership , pet food , present , problems , raw , royal , save , scary , senior , shelter , sick , small , test , turkey , type , water , wet food , wild , worry

Sponsored Cat Links