It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-19-2009   #1 (permalink)
leftygal

Default My cat only pees once or twice a day

Just wondering if it's normal for a cat (male) to pee once or twice a day. He's an indoor cat. Doesn't hestiate going pee. Just every 6-8 hours. Is there any inforamtion anyone has to offer me. I would appreciate it very much. My cat always has fresh water and is on food t ohelp prevent crystals and blockages. Just wondering if it's ok for him to pee twice a day. Thanks.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-19-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Default Welcome !

Welcome to the forum leftygal and your kitty... I guess you are a new cat lover ? What's your name and your kitty's name ? Any pictures ?
Of course it is okay and totally normal for your kitty to pee twice a day. If you think he doesn't drink enough, you can feed him right from the bottle like I used to do here to my kitties. Dehydration is bad for them !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-19-2009   #3 (permalink)
leftygal

Hello,

Thanks for replying to me. My name is Anita and my cat's name is Tigger. He will be 5 in October. I didn't know if it's normal for him to pee once or twice a day. He drinks pretty good. I just love my cat so much, I don't want anyhing to happen to him. Just worried me that he pees like that. I'm glad to hear it is normal. I would never trade him for the world and don't know what I would do if something happened to him. Thanks again. I really do appreciate the feedback.

Anita

Unread 06-19-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hi Anita and Tigger, welcome I agree with Irene, it is completely normal to just pee a couple of times a day - I can leave mine all night and they still haven't gone sometimes when I come down in the morning

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 06-19-2009   #5 (permalink)
leftygal

Hi Heidi,

A big thank you to you as well to Irene. You both have made me feel better about all of this. A couple years ago, Tigger has a bladder infection and that has got me worried this time as too why he is peeing only twice. Now I know, from other cat owners that this is normal. I am feeling more at ease with this. Again thank you and I know Tigger does thank you too. He's my baby. Thank you again.

Unread 06-19-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

It's always natural to worry about our babies Anita - we all do it! You should only be concerned if his habits change from what they have always been (drinking and peeing). From what you say that is not the case so it sounds fine to me

Do you have any pics of your Tigger, it would be lovely to see him

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 06-19-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I also think it's normal. As long as he does pee daily, he should be fine

Pictures, please?
Unread 06-19-2009   #8 (permalink)
leftygal

Thank you so much. He does pee daily which I'm thankful for.

Unread 06-19-2009   #9 (permalink)
leftygal

Tigger does drink pretty good. I just added a picture of Tigger. Everyone likes him so much. I've had people ask me if they can keep him. I tell them no way he's my cat. Tigger is a very spoiled cat. Thanks for all your information everyone. It has helped me a lot. Stay in touch my friends.

Unread 06-20-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi Anita ! I just viewed Tigger's photo... he's totally fabulous, and he has nice coat ! I especially love his markings. If I were there with you, I would be like those people who are tempted to ask for having him !

From your posts I'm sure he's well-loved and taken care of. Normally cats drink at least 100 cc water/day, still, since he has the health history of bladder infection, you need to make sure he drinks more than that... to prevent crystals and blockages. Just bottle feed him extra water, like what I used to do to my kitties (my Princess Tiger's kidney is not very very purrfect, so I have to do that to her)

BTW, my Princess' nickname is :TIGGER !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
babies , baby , bladder , care , cat , cat's , cats , feedback , food , friends , great , health , hey , indoor , infection , kitties , kitty , love , male , morning , natural , new cat , nice , night , pee , peeing , picture , pictures , profile , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links