It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-21-2009   #1 (permalink)
lotsofbabies

Default vet thinks she had a stroke

my patches is 16, thursday she was laying in the floor and just fell over i thought she was having a seizure because she has had them before but this time she got up a started going in circles.she has not ate or drank scence thursday today is sunday.the vet gave her an iv and steriod shot she has only got up one time in 8 hours.she is not interrested in food.she acts like she cant chew or swallow. If she could eat i think she would be alright. the vet wants me to put her to sleep tuesday.Should i let her go or keep fighting?please help fast!how long should i wait before putting her to sleep?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-21-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

I don't mean to come across as unfeeling for your situation... But I think the best choice at this point would be to let her go if she doesn't show any signs of recovery.
Unread 06-21-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

I think that's the symptom of having a stroke ... Yes, if her life quality is decreasing, her condition deteriorates.... I'm afraid it's about time for you to release her to the bridge...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-22-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Oh, poor thing! If there's no other choice, I won't let her suffer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Last edited by krzekmaya; 06-22-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Unread 06-22-2009   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Oh poor Patches,I am so sorry,she has had quite a long happy life with you.If she is not recovering,please don't let her suffer.My friends cat Pearl had a stroke a few years ago,and she was fortunate to recover.You are both in my prayers.Take care.xxxxx
Unread 06-22-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with the others it does sound like she isn't going to recover, it is the hardest decision that you will have to make, but she is relying on you to do the right thing, you don't really want her to suffer any more than necessary. My heart goes out to you, tears are rolling down my face as I type this, but it is an evil necessity! I am so sorry for you
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Unread 06-22-2009   #7 (permalink)
lotsofbabies

Default update on patches

thank you to all of you. during the night patches got up and walked around.she sat for awhile and started showing interest in food and water she has been up alot today she looks at me when i call her and comes to me.it takes her a while but she gets where shes going.she still is not eating or drinking on her own but she does swallow milk from a syringe.i called the vet she told me to bring her for more fluids tomorrow.she is not in pain and alert so i guess ill have to take it one day at a time.as long as she is doing ok and not in pain we will keep tring.she has always been a fighter.please pray for her.

Unread 06-23-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Thank you for the update, dear. Our prays & thoughts for Patches from the Holy Land

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 06-23-2009   #9 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

This sounds promising,my prayers are coming from South Wales,for you and patches.My friends cat Pearl was fine after her stroke,and went on to live a few more years,she passed away at the ripe old age of 20.xxxxx
Unread 06-23-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsofbabies View Post
thank you to all of you. during the night patches got up and walked around.she sat for awhile and started showing interest in food and water she has been up alot today she looks at me when i call her and comes to me.it takes her a while but she gets where shes going.she still is not eating or drinking on her own but she does swallow milk from a syringe.i called the vet she told me to bring her for more fluids tomorrow.she is not in pain and alert so i guess ill have to take it one day at a time.as long as she is doing ok and not in pain we will keep tring.she has always been a fighter.please pray for her.
Thanks for the updates. I'm praying with you too ...

Tags
age , care , cat , cats , depressed , eating , fast , fighting , food , friends , great , happy , hey , kitty , love , meow , mess , morning , moving , night , not eating , nutrition , pet , play , prayers , sad , sleep , thoughts , type , urine , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links