It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-06-2009   #1 (permalink)
KeebyBebe

Default Kitten Growth.

My boy Keebler will be 5 months old this month. He has pretty much gained a pound a month since we got him. He's a bit over 5lbs now, and a few weeks ago, was 4 & 1/2ish lbs. He was about 6-7 weeks when we got him, I don't remember how much he weighed but he was on the thin side. Very scraggly, thin (could feel spine/ribs), and just nowhere near as healthy as he looks now!

He does have a bit of a pudgy belly, but it's not anything horrible. He gets 1/2 can of wet food and a scoop of dry in the morning, and then he lets us know throughout the day when he wants more wet food.. Yes.. he has us wrapped.

So for kittens is about a pound a month average? We call him "fat" all the time.. But I don't want him to be too fat.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-06-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

My boy Earl Blue when he first joined us, was just about 700 grams (skinny little bundle) at the age of 6-7 weeks too ! Then when I came back from a 2-3 weeks overseas trip, I was stunned to see him ballooned up, I took him to the vet immediately, and had him weighed. He became as heavy as Princess (3 kilos) - imagine it, he gained 2.3 kgs in less than 3 weeks ! Soon after that he outweighed his sisters. He is now 5 kgs !

Of course Princess is a picky eater.
Both Earl & Lady have much better appetites than Princess, but still, when Lady first came, she was malnourished and way underweight. She is still a bit skinny or better call her dainty now - she's still under 3 kgs ! Oh but she's the most healthy kitty among them !

Well, I would suggest that you control Keebler's intake. Sounds to me he's eating too much. You can check his spine to make sure he is not overweight (too fat). I have to schedule feed Earl Blue and help him exercise with a laser pointer and feather strings. (He's a bit lazy). Whenever those toys appear, it's always Lady and Princess who would be the first to chase, so I have to tease Earl even more, to make him move his butt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-06-2009   #3 (permalink)
KeebyBebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
My boy Earl Blue when he first joined us, was just about 700 grams (skinny little bundle) at the age of 6-7 weeks too ! Then when I came back from a 2-3 weeks overseas trip, I was stunned to see him ballooned up, I took him to the vet immediately, and had him weighed. He became as heavy as Princess (3 kilos) - imagine it, he gained 2.3 kgs in less than 3 weeks ! Soon after that he outweighed his sisters. He is now 5 kgs !

Of course Princess is a picky eater.
Both Earl & Lady have much better appetites than Princess, but still, when Lady first came, she was malnourished and way underweight. She is still a bit skinny or better call her dainty now - she's still under 3 kgs ! Oh but she's the most healthy kitty among them !

Well, I would suggest that you control Keebler's intake. Sounds to me he's eating too much. You can check his spine to make sure he is not overweight (too fat). I have to schedule feed Earl Blue and help him exercise with a laser pointer and feather strings. (He's a bit lazy). Whenever those toys appear, it's always Lady and Princess who would be the first to chase, so I have to tease Earl even more, to make him move his butt.
He's a very active boy. He's at that stage where he's into everything, lol. When I check his spine, I can still feel it. It's not prominent, it has a layer of meat there.. But it's not.. fully covered in fat? LOL.

I love big squishy boy cats. But I don't want him to be unhealthy, lol.

Tags
age , belly , boy , cats , dry , eating , food , growth , healthy , kitten , kittens , kitty , laser , lazy , love , morning , overweight , toys , vet , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links