It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-15-2009   #21 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
Mazy cat is a Brown Tabby, but when she was younger I couldn't see why she was labeled that at the shelter.

Now, at five years old, she is browner than ever, and her muzzle is lightening to almost white, not from age, just metamorphosing.

But yes cats can turn grey as they age, though 8 seems young for it.

I advise OP if you are concerned, to take your kitty to the vet.

Another funny thing about Mazy's fur is, aside from her lightening muzzle, she's never had a speck of white on her...except this one spot where she had an abscess once.

the fur over the area was shaved to help healing, and when the abscess was all healed the fur didn't grow back for the longest time.

I resigned myself to the fact that Mazy would always have a bald spot and kind of forgot about it, then one day I suddenly noticed the fur had grown back in that spot pure white!

I have a pic of it somewhere but just noticed I am late for a dentist appointment!Stay tuned!

Yes, I'd like to see the picture, Acer !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-15-2009   #22 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alva_crept View Post
ok... and we're back!!!

the final out come is - is FLEAS!!!!!

since he's an inside cat... and hasn't had fleas in his whole 7 years so far, i can only imagine that our new kitty had some hitching a ride when she came to be with us.

i've got some treatment and started treating them both last night - i hate to hear that we have FLEAS.. buttttttt it could be so much worse, so i'm glad that its treatable!
Aw, a few months of frontline plus and you'll have it licked.

that happened to me too, when I rescued a stray. I used the frontline plus for about 6 months, then didn't need it any more.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-15-2009   #23 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I'm happy it was only fleas and nothing serious. Goodluck with the treatment!

Tags
adult , age , allergy , amazing , animal , black , brown , cat , cats , changed , color , diet , eye , fleas , found , frontline , fun , funny , fur , grey , grooming , hey , indoor , kitty , lucky , maine coon , morning , night , picture , problem , problems , shelter , stray , tabby , thoughts , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links