It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-12-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

nastursim is on a distinguished road
Default pray for Pusspuss

My Pusspuss has just been rushed off to the vet. I found her in the laundry and she was very weak, her little tongue was poking out and she was breathing quickly. I think it may be tick paralysis, we did remove 1 tick, although it did not look like the paralysis tick, but I don't know if she had more.
I am so distraught.
My daughter brought her to me before bedtime and said Puss had a tick, and Puss made a funny noise, and I just assumed she was grumpy with me, cause she can get moody, so I said I would look at it later, like I usually do when the kids are in bed. Anyways, I went to the laundry and Fluff came runny out and Puss stayed lying there in bed, thought it was a bit odd, went passed again about 5 minutes later and she was still there, and being the night she would have been up as quick as a flash to get outside. So I picked her up and she flopped and moaned. Poor baby. I started crying and told hubby he had to call vet straight away, he was a bit reluctant, but I love my cats and said he had to. Anyway her back legs are weak so he has taken her straight in.
Please pray for my Pusspuss, I so need her to get better!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-12-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Oh my, poor Pusspuss! I really hope she will be fine again. How very traumatizing for you. I feel with you. Let's just hope for the best and we'll keep our fingers crossed. Please do keep us updated.

I think one should always bring the pet straight to the vet after finding a tick. They can do so much damage, it's very scary.

She might turn out fine, you mustn't lose hope.
Unread 07-12-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

OMG! Hope it's nothing serious. Our prayers coming straight to your way from the Holy Land.
Pls keep us updated

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-12-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Goodness gracious !! I'm sorry Pusspuss and you have to experience this ! Especially regret that Pusspuss must suffer !
Lucky you rushed him to the vet. He's in my thoughts and prayers !
Please keep us updated.

Unread 07-12-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Oh, poor Pusspuss, I will also keep her in my thoughts, and will her to be ok. Please let us know..

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 07-13-2009   #6 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Pusspuss is in my thoughts and prayers dear.Please let us know if Pusspuss is ok.xxxxx
Unread 07-13-2009   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

nastursim is on a distinguished road

An update, after being taken to the vet, Pusspuss had 5 baby paralysis ticks removed, but by morning there was still no improvement at all. By 3pm, she had blood in her urine, which led to a new diagnosis of black snake bite, which apparently mimics tick paralysis, and having had the ticks did not help. After a very emotional day, I decided to let them go ahead with the antivenom, atlthough her chances of recovery are looking very grim. I went in and visited my poor pussy and she was so sick, all shaven and hooked up to oxygen and a drip. Her tongue was hanging out and had saliva all around her mouth. She could not even blink. If it was not for her chest rising I would have thought she was dead. I do not know if she knew I was there, but I comforted her and petted her. At 8pm tonight the vet rang again to say there was still no improvement. We will know by the morning.
Very traumatic for me, and the kiddies. Not to mention the expense, but I thought I would give her what ever chance I could. Poor Pusspuss.
Unread 07-13-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Continuos prayers for Pusspuss coming to your way!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 07-13-2009   #9 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

You're in my thoughts. . . please, please keep us updated.

And the Bridge Kids...♥♥♥Abbey, TC, Burger, Bella, Cali, Sarah, Hannah, DynahKathryn, Baybee and Puppy♥♥♥
Unread 07-13-2009   #10 (permalink)
Newborn

alva_crept is on a distinguished road

i'm sure i speak for everyone when i say we will be thinking of you and pusspuss

Tags
affectionate , baby , birth , bite , black , box , breathing , care , cat , cats , clingy , crying , depressed , dry , eating , eyes , family , found , friends , fun , funny , girl , great , hey , hiding , home , hurt , kitties , labour , loss , lost , love , medical , morning , night , pet , photos , picture , playing , poison , prayers , sad , save , sick , sleepless , story , stress , thoughts , urine , vet , wake

Sponsored Cat Links