It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-16-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

DeniseLM is on a distinguished road
Question Help! All life stages food?

When I got Rosie in the beginning of April, she couldn't eat kibble--vomiting all the time. So, we switched her to all wet--first Science Diet ID, then to Fancy Feast to see if she would tolerate regular, non prescription food. The vet had me feeding her 6 times a day, small servings to avoid stomach build up and vomiting. It worked--until she started demanding more and more food, up to 4 cans a day.

Enter Bowler. With kitten food kibble and wet, Rosie was able to sneak his kibble, and DID NOT throw up. The vet told me to find another food for her that wasn't as fattening (paraphrasing) for her. In an attempt to find a food they both could eat, I settled on Natural Balance. Rosie liked the Canned food (and ate less of it) and the kibble was fine for her. The lady at my pet store recommended it.

My vet tech was less than thrilled with the food. She told me that Bowler needed more protein. According to what I've read about protein levels for Kittens, it seems fine.

Anybody else use this for two ages of cats? They both love it, and Bowler won't eat his kitten food anymore.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-16-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Normally it will take at least 1 year for a kitten to switch to adult food, but I did switched earlier for Earl Blue who is growing FAST and FAT !

As for protein, you can try to give Bowler more dried anchovies for extra protein supplement (as treats). That's what suggested by my vet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
adult , canned food , cats , diet , fast , food , hey , kitten , kitten food , kittens , love , natural , pet , small , vet , vomiting , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links