It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-19-2009   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hi there, Lilit is a lovely little cat, the same colours as my Pixie I do hope that you manage to sort out her problem.

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-19-2009   #12 (permalink)
Kitten

jordi is on a distinguished road
Question

wow, 21 years, sorry for her. We wish Lilit may reach that age, if we get this problem solved...

We suspected it may be an inflamation of esophagus as you say, but can an alergy to food do that? What can be the other causes?

I read about EVO but it is not available in our country. We may, with big effort, find ACANA GRASSLANDS or ORIJEN:
Cat & Kitten Analysis
Champion Petfoods | ACANA | Products - Puppy Small Breed

Acana seems good. Orijen is similar to EVO. Do you think they're good?

Also, we may get Almo, that has rice and chicken, no aditives and is considered hypoalergenic.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-19-2009   #13 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Smile Welcome !!

Hi Jordi ! Lilit is such a beautiful kitty ! She's soooo blessed to have found you who love her soooo much and care for her well being. I'm glad that Acer has given you valuable advices. She is a wise and experienced cat owner.
I do hope that the food transition will do the trick.

Wishing Lilit many many more good years to enjoy with you !

BTW, which country are you from ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-20-2009   #14 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Wooww, Lilit is a beauty full of "tortie-tude"!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 07-20-2009   #15 (permalink)
Kitten

Thanks to all for your kind comments!

Do you think this food may be less alergenic or more good? Almo:
Dry food Cat|Food Dry With Duck and Rice FOR ADULT CATS Format: 400 g - 2 kg - Almo Nature
Unread 07-20-2009   #16 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

What is the food you are feeding her now? Chicken and rice are both known cat allergens. If you can find one, I would recommend trying a grain free diet, first.

I think Orijen is grain free, but I cannot find any site that lists the ingredients.
Unread 07-20-2009   #17 (permalink)
Kitten

Here are Orijen's ingredients and analysis:
Cat & Kitten Analysis

Cat & Kitten Ingredients

Orijen has chicken too. I'm afraid that 42% protein may be too much if she has pancreas problems (i don't know).

Acana Grasslands ingredients can be downloaded as a pdf here:
Champion Petfoods | ACANA | Products - Puppy Small Breed

it has eggs
Unread 07-20-2009   #18 (permalink)
Kitten

Lightbulb

We have purchased this dry food:
Dry food Cat|Food Dry With Lamb and Rice FOR ADULT CATS Format: 400 g - 2 kg - Almo Nature

Almo with Lamb and rice. It is hypoalergenic, lamb meat and digestive. I know it has rice, but other alternatives contain tons of fruit which is also unnatural. My cat dislikes everything that is sweet and that includes most of the fruits.

And we will also give her wet food daily, 50% dry 50% wet or more probably 30% dry 70% wet. I am choosing wet foods that I can find that are better, with low fat, no carbs or very little, high protein and no cereals. Any advice on percentages or something?

I noticed that I was calculating the wrong way proteins in wet food, because I read the quantities with humidity. There are some that are good, and they're not famous or expensive brands.

I I have found 2 brands, that have good levels of protein, Compy and also the brand of Carrefour looks good.
Unread 07-20-2009   #19 (permalink)
Kitten

I think that she took the allergy for eating Royal Canin, which has lots of soja, wheat and corn. Also some cancerigens and forbidden substances.
Unread 07-21-2009   #20 (permalink)
Kitten

Thanks to you all for helping me. Here's another pic of my cat:

Tags
addition , aggressive , allergic , allergies , allergy , art , belly , box , breathing , canned food , care , cat , cat food , cat health , cat help , cat's , cats , changed , clean , color , diet , dog , dry , dry food , eating , egg , eyes , fast , food , great , growth , health , healthy , hey , home , indoor , kittens , kitty , licking , lost , love , nutrition , opinion , orijen , picture , problems , puppy , raw , rescue , royal , scared , small , stress , transition , turkey , vaccine , vet , vomit , vomiting , weight , wet food , worry

Sponsored Cat Links